MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Reorder layers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is there any way to change the order of layers or at the very least insert a new layer in between two layers?
At the moment, no, you can't reorder the layers. That is on my list of things to do though. I'm not sure yet exactly how I'll change the UI to support this. There are already up/down arrows to reorder annotations, but I'm not sure it makes sense to try to use those for layers, because there isn't the same kind of selection state for layers. I may use a different popup for reordering layers (a new icon will show up on page entries if multiple layers exist for the page, and tapping that would pop up a UI to reorder the layers).

Mike
Thank you for your prompt response! The ability to reorder layers is crucial for my workflow as I like to jot down everything I can think of. I need to be able to organize the list as I go and not get stuck in the arbitrary order in which I came up with the layers. You might as well consider these features:

1) reordering layers as we discussed
2) renaming layers
3) layer groups (in the same way annotations are nested under layers, child layers could be nested under parent layers)
4) mutually exclusive layers (activating one layer disables the other automatically)---allows the musician to test out different possibilities such as different fingerings for the same passage

Mobile Sheets is a pretty solid alternative to forScore as it stands for Windows users. Keep it up!