MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Android device can't see sync server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have shiny, new Android device (Samsung Galaxy Tab S* Ultra) with a BIG screen. Wink

When I try to sync with another (Android) device it can't see the "server". I can work around it by selecting direct connect and entering the other device's IP address that MobileSheets helpfully displays (MobileSheets is brilliant with its attention to such helpful details.)

Since I have an immediately accessible workaround it's no big deal but I am puzzled by this problem as I haven't seen it before. 

I'm using my home WiFi to connect and have checked that clients CAN connect. Obviously, they can because the sync proceeds just fine once I've entered the IP address but or some reason the new device can't see the server listed by name in the usual manner. Both devices are running Android 13 an Samsung Galaxy UI v5.1.1.

Any clues to this puzzle would be appreciated.

cheers

ian
That usually points to a firewall issue (if you have anti-virus software installed, for example), or the router is blocking broadcast messages for some reason. If you have a mesh router, the mesh functionality can also block broadcast messages. Lastly, make sure all of your devices are on the same band if you have both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands.

One of my plans for next year is to switch all the discovery messaging to use DNS SD which won't be blocked by routers/firewall software in the same way. So this should improve things once it's available.

Mike