MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Problems with batch imports in new library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 

I'm currently in the process of creating a new library for a bandmate.
To do this, I simply created a second library on my iPad.

I'm having trouble batch importing files that are already imported into my primary library.
It always shows me, that the files imported successfully. However, the library is still empty afterwards.

As soon as I batch import files that don't already exist in my primary library, it works.

Is there a way to batch import so that I can have the songs duplicated in two libraries?
Otherwise I would probably need two tablets for my use case. 

Thanks in advance.
Could you not take a backup of your library and do a restore on his device ?
Then delete anything you didn't want to give him

Geoff
(02-25-2024, 02:53 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: [ -> ]Could you not take a backup of your library and do a restore on his device ?
Then delete anything you didn't want to give him

Geoff

Generally yes, but then I could also create and sort the new library directly on his iPad. It's time-consuming because I also have to build and then sort through separate files that don't exist in my library.
The question is rather whether there is a way to do something like this on my own tablet.

If not, I'll probably prepare half the library on my tablet and put the rest together with the duplicate files on the bandmate's tablet  Smile
This is one of the problems with me not currently having an option to isolate storage for each library. You can run into file conflicts like this. I'm going to address this, and add options to move and copy songs between libraries, but I just haven't had time to work on it yet. If you uncheck the option to avoid duplicate songs during the batch import, this will let you bring it into your second library, but if you aren't careful, you could create true duplicates if you are reimporting files you've already imported.

Mike
(02-25-2024, 07:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of the problems with me not currently having an option to isolate storage for each library. You can run into file conflicts like this. I'm going to address this, and add options to move and copy songs between libraries, but I just haven't had time to work on it yet. If you uncheck the option to avoid duplicate songs during the batch import, this will let you bring it into your second library, but if you aren't careful, you could create true duplicates if you are reimporting files you've already imported.

Mike

Thanks for the info - It's unfortunate that Apple doesn't allow this.
Then I try to do it another way - somehow I will manage it.

Tobias
Oh this doesn't really have anything to do with Apple - it's a limitation of the application design. I just didn't provide an option to place libraries into their own subdirectory under the main application folder. The reason for this initially was to prevent duplication of files if users want to have the same file in multiple libraries. However, in practice, I think more users care about not having file conflicts over saving storage space.

Mike
(02-25-2024, 08:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Oh this doesn't really have anything to do with Apple - it's a limitation of the application design. I just didn't provide an option to place libraries into their own subdirectory under the main application folder. The reason for this initially was to prevent duplication of files if users want to have the same file in multiple libraries. However, in practice, I think more users care about not having file conflicts over saving storage space.

Mike

All right, thank you for the infos.

Greetings
Tobias