MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Inconsistent sepia background tone across platforms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These days I use MobileSheets primarily on Windows and secondarily on iOS.

Recently, I tuned the exact color of my "white out" annotations to match the "sepia" background I consistently use so that these annotations - used to hide any notes or markings that I do not want to see - were fully invisible and less distracting.  I did this on my primary Windows system (a MS Surface 2-in-1).

After syncing my database to my iPad, I was surprised to find that the effect didn't carry over. There's a slight difference in tint between sepia on Windows and sepia on iOS. I could see my white out annotations again (subtle, but still distinguishable). 

I could of course work around this difference by using a custom background color, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. And I (my OCD) think that it makes sense to eliminate any UI differences across platforms where feasible.

Would it be possible to apply the same tint for sepia backgrounds across all platforms? I prefer the tint used on Windows (esp. since I spent the time updating my annotations there already) - #FFF2D1

I have not yet had a chance to check things out on an Android tablet.

Thanks again!
Sure, I'll update the iOS app to switch to #FFF2D1 to match Windows/Android. I can't remember why I switched it originally - it may have been because I was fighting with the way Apple handles colors on iOS (they use SRGB by default for many things with their framework).

Mike
(03-11-2024, 05:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, I'll update the iOS app to switch to #FFF2D1 to match Windows/Android. I can't remember why I switched it originally - it may have been because I was fighting with the way Apple handles colors on iOS (they use SRGB by default for many things with their framework).

Mike

Awesome! Thanks
I see that the sepia page color tone change is now online. Thanks again.

It seems however that white background fill color isn't working now - at least on my particular iPad. Could there have been an unintended change introduced?

Serafin
I see what you mean - it doesn't work if the page tone is changed. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
Looks like a stupid typo - I was missing one of the "F"s in the color definition for sepia so it's being used with 50% opacity, causing it to blend with black (which is just black). So it's fixed for the next update.

Mike
Thanks for the quick diagnosis. Looking forward to the fix.