MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: How to change a score, but keep the annotations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello (again),
I want to correct  minor things in a score, but I would like to keep all my annotations (since the structure of the score didn't change).
What's the best way to do that ?
- copy all the annotation layers from the old score to the new one ? (I'm not sure the copy/paste buffer will be kept from a score to another... well... I didn't even tried yet! Smile )
- is there another specific way ?
Thanks
Use the swap file option

As you are unsure of what this will do, I suggest you use mobilesheets to perform a backup first (I do it using the companion but you can do it with MS itself). This will mean you have something to restore should it not result in what you expected.

As a rule of thumb, take a backup every time you think you wouldn't want to try to repeat any changes to MS.
I also suggest that you turn off auto updating of the app  and perform manual updates when you don't mind if it doesn't work e.g. you don't want an unrexpected update immediately before a gig. Always take a backup prior to a manual update, (issues have been known with updates!)

Geoff
(03-31-2024, 08:35 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: [ -> ]Use the swap file option
... I suggest you use mobilesheets to perform a backup first (I do it using the companion but you can do it with MS itself)...
... turn off auto updating of the app  ... you don't want an unrexpected update immediately before a gig.
Always take a backup
 prior to a manual update...
Geoff
Hey, thanks for the precious advices !
Swap worked perfectly.
I did the backup anyway (wish I did that earlier, see my other posts). From the companion, it saves on my PC, but not on my tablet, so I should do it also while roaming to have it on my tablet.
Thanks again.