MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Night Mode - Chord Color Changes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Night Mode - Chord Color Changes.

* This is an exchange I had with Zupersoft support, and I thought that I would post it for information to others with same issue/question (Response below)...

* Question:
MobileSheets Version: v3.8.32
Type of Device: Windows Version v10.0.19045.4046
OS Version: Version v10.0.19045.4046

Hi:
New to Mobilesheets and loving it so far.

In my chordpro based sheets, I am finding that the display of chord color changes between "Night Mode" and Not "Night Mode"

For example, inĀ  "Night Mode" = Off, set chord color to green, but when switch to "Night Mode" = On, chords are now purple.

Chord color is important as some of my band members are color blind and need consistent chord color (green especially).

Thanks!
Todd
* Response:
Hello Todd,

I will have to look into that at some point. The night mode feature just inverts the colors of each pixel in the image that is displayed, so I would have to flip the colors of chords while first rendering the chord pro file. In general, I think it's the right behavior to flip the chord color as I do now though. For example, if a user has black chords on a white background (pretty typical), then turns on night mode, they will get white chords on a black background as they would expect. If I don't flip the chord color, it would be black on black and be invisible. So I think if you want to rely on night mode, it may be best to flip the chord color yourself in the text display settings. Otherwise I would have to make this behavior customizable, but I still think dark chord colors are going to be nearly impossible to see on a black background. Green does seem like a good choice (as long as it's a brighter green) as it would probably show up fine on a black background.

Best regards,

Mike
* end