MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Typing while usb footpedal connected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use a usb foot pedal for page turning, but while it is connected I can't get the screen keyboard up (eg to type a title for a new setlist). The tablet apparently thinks the footpedal is an external keyboard so doesn't give me access to the internal one.

Maybe this is a tablet usb issue rather than anything that can be fixed within Mobilesheets, but any suggestions would be welcome. The tablet is a Yarvik 10".

Thanks, Ray
This is unfortunately the way Android works. Here is the good news - there is a setting to help you out with this. If you go into the bluetooth options in MobileSheets, there is a setting that will automatically toggle the bluetooth off while you are viewing your library so you can type with the virtual keyboard, then enable bluetooth when you load a song. Let me know if you have questions about this.
Thanks Mike, but I still can't get the virtual keyboard - presumably because I'm using a wired usb footpedal, not a bluetooth one?

Ray
Oh sorry, I missed the USB part. That is definitely an unfortunate limitation of the Android operating system. I'm not sure what kind of workarounds there are besides unplugging the pedal.
I always had to unplug when I had a USB pedal. I know that it can be a hassle, but the pedal IS a keyboard, with only 2 keys (page up/page down for most pedals). On my current tablet (ASUS 300T), an option comes up at the bottom on the status bar to toggle "Physical Keyboard" on/off. I'm not sure if this is an ASUS thing or an overall android thing.

I attached 2 screenshots to see if you have this or not. Hope that it helps!
Thanks both. My Yarvik doesn't give the toggle option so it appears the only solution is to unplug the pedal if I want to type.

Nuisance - not the unplugging, which is easy enough, but remembering to plug it back in! I have more than once found myself mid-tune and unable to turn the page, then looking in panic at the footpedal plug sitting three inches away from the tablet!

Thanks again,
Ray