MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Can't save - can't work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't Save changes

Had this problem in 1.8.2 (and posted, but no reply yet). Just updated to 1.8.3 and the problem remains, which means I am presently stuck dead in my tracks:

Running 1.8.3, I opened a song already annotated to add/change annotations, did so, but when attempting to save the changes, received the following error message (please also see attached screenshot):

"Unable to modify database to save annotations. Your original annotations have been restored."

After closing the song, then re-opening it, it initially appeared that changes were saved.
However, after quitting the app and starting it again, reloading the song --- changes were gone, thus not saved.

This is a serious issue as I can't work further will all my previous work.
Hope this is possible to remedy quickly :-)
Any chance you can send me either a library backup or the database file? You can find the database here: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\mobilesheets.db. You can email it to me at mike@zubersoft.com or upload it here if the forums will let you (depends on the file size). I'm hoping that will help me reproduce the issue, because I haven't seen that error yet with any of the testing I've done. Another user had the same problem, but he deleted his songs, reimported, and all the problems went away. I don't want you to lose your annoations though, so if I can find a way to fix the problem, I will.
I have a fix in place for this now and will try to get an update out today.

Thanks,
Mike
I've just gone to the score I spent at least 2 hours on this morning adding annotations - I have had this exact same problem. 2 hours....wasted... Sad
edit: this was on the Android app not Windows 10
I'm really sorry about that Sad

I'm going to be releasing the updates now.

Mike
(06-01-2017, 03:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I have a fix in place for this now and will try to get an update out today.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks very much Mike, 1.8.5 solved the problem. Unfortunately, this means I have no excuse now to not continue working. Oh well....
Geez, I love this program!
Great news, I'm glad to hear that. Sorry you have to work though Wink