MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: importing MP3 meta tags not useful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

whenever I import sound files to a piece of sheet music, some MP3 tags seem to automatically be imported - e.g. artists. Which is pretty annoying for me, as I'm usually not interested in the executing artists who only stand for a musical example or practicing audio file and have nothing to do with the more or less know artist who stands behind the song.

In the beginning, I was wondering where all those tags came from and didn't know if the names were inserted from me or not. I'm now a little more experienced and often know that I need to delete an entry after importing a play-along file. But this can't be what it is meant for: Having more labour with keeping the data base clean instead of less work.

At the moment, I have more than 1300 songs from 430 composers and ~100 artists. Christian songs, pop music, jazz... A lot of them are from artists I don't know very well - so it's hard to distinct the correct and the faulty entries. Often, I only need those entries for copyright reasons.

What do other users think about that?
If you import PDFs or other files, this should not impact your metadata at all. If you import a text or chord pro file, metadata is only populated if Settings->Text File Settings->Use Text Fields During Song Creation is enabled. If importing MP3 files, metadata is only populated if Settings->Import Settings->Populate Metadata When Importing Audio is enabled. So you have control over whether the metadata is populated or not.

Mike
Thanks a lot, Mike! I changed that setting immediately. Great news for me - and again great support.

So my enquiry is obsolete.