MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Volume Normalization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be ridiculous to ask Confused  but is there any volume normalization with the MobileSheets audio player?  Since 'pairing' my audio files to MobileSheets songs in pdf, the audio volume from song to song is wildly inconsistent. It wasn't an issue when audio songs were played thru VLC player rather than MobileSheets Audio Player because VLC has a volume normalization feature.
Huh Thank you and sorry if my question is a dumb question.
As far as I know, the MSP player doesn't do this.

Normalisation sets the maximum peak level of each track to be the same.  However, the perceived level between tracks can still be wildly different.  

What is really required is something that can set the average RMS value of the tracks to the same figure.  There are several softwares which can do this.  My personal recommendation is here - http://www.delback.co.uk/volbal/index.shtml .  I have been using it for many years for a number pf purposes and it has always worked well for me.

Note:  This only works on standard .wav files, CD format (44.1/16).  If you only have MP3s, the look for a copy of MP3Gain.
Thank you.  I'll try Volume Balancer that you recommended.  I looked for something like that but only found RealTek HD Audio Manager. And, it was a bust for my system.  It took 2.5 hours to download and wouldn't install.
(08-20-2022, 10:05 PM)badmonk Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.  I'll try Volume Balancer that you recommended.  I looked for something like that but only found RealTek HD Audio Manager. And, it was a bust for my system.  It took 2.5 hours to download and wouldn't install.

AFAIK, the RealTek HD Audio Manager won't actually do what you are needing, plus it's a sledgehammer to crack a small nut.
I can look into supporting that as an option in the future. I'll have to see what is the easiest approach to handling this and how well it's supported for the audio engine's used on each OS.

Mike