MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Changing page order wipes annotations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I recently lost a bunch of annotations on one of my scores. It seems that if the Page Order is modified so that certain pages are not shown, the annotations on those pages are deleted. It might be that this is a known limitation, but it seems surprising, and potentially destructive.

To see the problem:
- If a score has (for example) 2 pages, crop the second page and draw some annotations.
- Edit the song, and in the Page Order section set it to be 1 (hiding the second page).
- Click Ok to accept the edit.
- Edit again and set the Page order to 1-2.
- Note that the cropping and annotations on the second page are gone.
There's really no good way to avoid this without potentially hanging on to annotations forever in the database, or creating a scenario where annotations on different pages could clash after changing the page order multiple times. My advice is to embed the annotations if you want them saved forever. Then you can change the page order with no concerns about those annotations being lost.

Mike
Yes, I see what you mean. I found another thread about this issue with more explanation of the complications, and I can see that there's no easy way to store this. 

Maybe at least a warning message when you remove pages from the page order that have annotations, and an offer to embed them? I don't know if that's worth it, but I can see that there are no good solutions.

Thanks for the explanation.