MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Zoomed Files are blured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am using MS on an Android, and I like this App very much
So I recommended MS to a friend, who wants to use it on a Windows Convertible Laptop, an she has allready installed the trial version
But there is a problem, we wanted to have cleared, before she buys the full version.
If PDF-Files are zoomed in, they look blured, not sharp.
The same file on the same laptop, zoomed in with the standard PDF-Reader is sharp.
The same file on my Android device zoomed in in MS is also sharp.

Question:
Is this a restriction of the trial version? Or is this a specific problem of MS on Windows or on this Device?
If so, how can we solve it?

Thanks for checking,
Jonny
Hello Jonny,

There are differences in rendering between the versions due to both differences in the OS and differences in rendering frameworks each version relies upon. There are a couple of things you can try in the Windows version:

1) Go to Settings->Display Settings->Image Quality and set it to High
2) If your display is set to scale above 100% in Windows, set it to 100% and you may get a clearer image in MobileSheets, but it will shrink down many of the UI elements. Conversely, you can also try increasing the display scaling to see if that works better for you. 
3) You can try switching the PDF library under Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference

In the future, I may add an option to render sheet music at double the resolution in order to get a higher quality image. I'm also going to be moving from UWP to a different framework in the near future for the Windows version, so when I do this, it may also resolve some of the rendering issues.

Mike
(03-14-2023, 06:26 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]There are differences in rendering between the versions

Hi Mike,
are those differences between trial Windows version and full Windows version?
Or do you you mean between the Android and the Windows version?

Greetings,
Jonny
I meant Android vs Windows. The trial version is identical to the paid version on Windows.

Mike