MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Windows 11 annoyance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pinning Mobilesheets to the taskbar has a strange behavior in my Dell 2 in 1 tablet with Windows 11
When I click on the taskbar icon the app doesn't start, instead Windows file explorer shows up...
If I right click and choose Mobilesheets, then it opens fine.
Any other app in the taskbar behaves as expected and it opens when I click on it.
I wish I could go back to Windows 10 interface.   
Where is Mobilesheets executable by the way?  I want to place a shortcut on the desktop.
I have Windows 11 and I can pin MobileSheets to the taskbar without any issues. If I click the icon, it loads MobileSheets like I would expect. If you unpin and pin it again, does the same thing occur?

As far as the executable, there is no executable that you can get to becuase it's a UWP application and runs differently from a standard desktop application. You can create a batch file that loads MobileSheets though and place that on the desktop. You can read about that here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5233

When I switch to a different framework later this year, then MobileSheets will be a standard desktop application and you will have access to executable.

Mike
(04-23-2023, 03:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I have Windows 11 and I can pin MobileSheets to the taskbar without any issues. If I click the icon, it loads MobileSheets like I would expect. If you unpin and pin it again, does the same thing occur?

As far as the executable, there is no executable that you can get to becuase it's a UWP application and runs differently from a standard desktop application. You can create a batch file that loads MobileSheets though and place that on the desktop. You can read about that here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5233

When I switch to a different framework later this year, then MobileSheets will be a standard desktop application and you will have access to executable.

Mike

Mike,
I've pin/unpinned 10 times to no avail.
I've also created the batch file with the command (Faspring version):
explorer shell:AppsFolder\Zubersoft.MobileSheets_9fx6hze9e3cne  and again, it only executes file explorer but doesn't run MSP.
I got the string after Appsfolder\  from the packages folder name.  I tried first to get it with "Get-AppxPackage ...etc"
command but I was being returned to the command prompt with no results.
Should I maybe re-install? Will I lose the settings?
Juan
If you want to reinstall, do the following:

1) Go to Settings->About->View License->Uninstall so you can reuse the license key
2) Copy the contents of C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Zubersoft.MobileSheets_9fx6hze9e3cne\LocalState somewhere safe. Your database, song files and application settings are all stored under there, so this will safeguard all of that
3) You can then uninstall, reinstall, copy the contents back and then enter the license key when prompted

If you still have the problem, we can start trying to explore whether there is some weird kind of issue with file explorer on your device.

Mike
(04-23-2023, 09:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to reinstall, do the following:

1) Go to Settings->About->View License->Uninstall so you can reuse the license key
2) Copy the contents of C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Zubersoft.MobileSheets_9fx6hze9e3cne\LocalState somewhere safe. Your database, song files and application settings are all stored under there, so this will safeguard all of that
3) You can then uninstall, reinstall, copy the contents back and then enter the license key when prompted

If you still have the problem, we can start trying to explore whether there is some weird kind of issue with file explorer on your device.

Mike

When I clicked uninstall I got a message "The number of transfers has been exceeded ... contact support"  or something like that not sure why, it's the first time I do that.
Can I still uninstall and reinstall?
I've manually freed the license for you. You can uninstall now and the license key should work after reinstall. Let me know if it doesn't though and I'll generate a new license key for you.

Mike
(04-23-2023, 10:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I've manually freed the license for you. You can uninstall now and the license key should work after reinstall. Let me know if it doesn't though and I'll generate a new license key for you.

Mike

Thanks mike. However, I've reinstalled and the problem persists.  MSP won't start from the task bar.  It starts fine if I right click on the icon and choose the app and also from the pinned shortcut in the start menu.
If you bring up File Explorer, then enter just "Applications" and hit enter, it should give you a full list of installed applications (alternatively, use Windows + R for the run command, and then enter shell:AppsFolder). If you double-click on MobileSheets in the list, does it run the app as you would expect? Is it only the taskbar that causes the issue?

Thanks,
Mike
(04-23-2023, 10:40 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]If you bring up File Explorer, then enter just "Applications" and hit enter, it should give you a full list of installed applications (alternatively, use Windows + R for the run command, and then enter shell:AppsFolder). If you double-click on MobileSheets in the list, does it run the app as you would expect? Is it only the taskbar that causes the issue?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes it runs fine, like I said it's only the taskbar. 
I also went to Appdata>Roaming>Microsoft>Internet Explorer>Quick Launch>User Pinned>Taskbar and all apps shown in the taskbar are there except MSP even though the icon is in the taskbar.
Oh well nevermind, I hate to waste your time, but on the other hand it must have something to do with this app because it's the only one behaving like that ...
I also noticed that after logging off or restarting, the MSP icon changes to a blue monitor icon.

EDIT:
  I tried running MSP with windows in Safe Mode and although it doesn't actually starts, a white window appears it seems to want to load for a few seconds and it doesn't take me to the file explorer like before.  The same window appears if I launch the app from windows start so it looks like the taskbar instance would work normally but I guess the program won't launch from Safe mode.
It looks like there is some app or service loaded in the background somehow creates the problem when Windows is in normal mode