• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Audio to External Player?
Love this program.

Sometime in the future, would it be possible to link audio tracks to an external player? The one I'm thinking about is (of course) "Amazing Slow Downer", an invaluable tool when practicing "fast runs".

Regards
Ketil
Hello Ketil,

Android does have a model for allowing audio to be continually played in the background, but it would require something to be run as a service, which (to my knowledge), "Amazing Slow Downer" is not. To prove my point, if it is playing music, and you hit the home button, does it continue to play the music or stop?

The major problem is that, unless other media players are designed to be triggered from external applications, I will have no way of controlling them. It also wouldn't be a very integrated solution. I think the best answer is for me to add the features to my own media player (which is being introduced in version 5) so that I can offer the critical features right from inside MobileSheets. I have started doing research into things like slowing down the speed of the track without affecting pitch, so I can probably offer this in the future.

Having said that, if anyone has information on media players that can be triggered from other applications, please let me know, as I would be curious to hear about it.

Mike
(02-08-2014, 05:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Ketil,

Android does have a model for allowing audio to be continually played in the background, but it would require something to be run as a service, which (to my knowledge), "Amazing Slow Downer" is not. To prove my point, if it is playing music, and you hit the home button, does it continue to play the music or stop?

The music continues (on my Note 10.1).

Do you have any plans to implement "Slow down" or "Pitch correction" features?

Thanks
Ketil
As mentioned in my previous post, I started doing research on those features, so I will add them at some point, but I can't give an exact date.

Mike
(02-16-2014, 08:48 AM)Zuberman Wrote: As mentioned in my previous post, I started doing research on those features, so I will add them at some point, but I can't give an exact date.

Mike

MSP is an awsome piece of software! I am just now testing it with 8 songs, but I am getting more and more ready to purchase. The price is fair for what you get. 

However, you cannot guess how much I long for feature discussed in this thread! How it the current state of development? For rehearsing the opportunity to instantly change speed and pitch of a Playback is absolutely essential. Another App that does an excellent job in this respect is called "Music Speed Changer". But it does not really work to countinuously switch between MSP to read the sheets and back to the external player to start/stop/pause/rewind/change speed and/or pitch. To have that built into the internal player dramatically boosts the value of the player in MSP.

It seems like there has nothing happened about this for almost four years. That's quite disappointing, I have to admid... I'd pay even little more to purchase MSP if that feature was built in.
The biggest hold up was finding a third party library that could help me with the audio manipulation. The only options at the time involved a significant amount of work and there were a lot of potential pitfalls. Just recently, I have located a third party library for Android (and soon a Windows 10 version) that has support for changing pitches and audio slowdown. This is going to make things much easier. That library also supports USB audio playback, so I may look into adding that at some point too.  So adding these features is on my list of things to accomplish this year.  I can't give an exact date, but it will happen after the library synchronization features are finished and the big annotations rework is released.

Mike