• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 half pages
Hi,

Would it be possible to show 2 half pages of a pdf?
My wife is using a similar app on her iPad and there you can enable a view where you can for example see the bottom half of one page and the upper half of the next page.
I always read ahead and this will make it easier for me when I have to keep playing over multiple pages.

Kind Regards
Tim
i believe that's going to be included in the coming update.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Half page feature is now available in the current version. It would, I thought, be one of the most desirable features in mobilesheets, especially when turning the page with Airturn's BT-105. My intention is totally to use pedal for page turning without the help of fingers. However, for the time being, it's unavoidable. When I use the half page function, sometimes part of a stave is displayed. The reason for this is perhaps the software devides a page "physically" into two half pages so that some "irregular" staves which go across the half-page boundary will be separated.

I'm wondering if this deficiency has been ironed out in verson 5.0. For scanned PDF music sheet file, the music score is, in most cases, coded in one-dimensional run length coding scheme. So, when determining the half-page boundary, it is better to make sure the whole horizontal line is white line to guarantee a stave not to be cut.

I'm ready to be a beta tester and looking forward to seeing a pretty perfect version 5.0!
(06-18-2014, 07:13 PM)timdhaeyer Wrote: Hi,

Would it be possible to show 2 half pages of a pdf?
My wife is using a similar app on her iPad and there you can enable a view where you can for example see the bottom half of one page and the upper half of the next page.
I always read ahead and this will make it easier for me when I have to keep playing over multiple pages.

Kind Regards
Tim

I also confirm this request for portrait mode. There is no option to read ahead expect turning the page but you can't see what you are actually should play at that moment.

Another option is to manually scroll beyond the first page to the second page and still seeing the remaining of the first page. I would love to have this feature implemented! Heart
MobileSheetsPro will let you turn half pages in portrait, or it will let you set the position of each half page in landscape if you prefer that. The latter is more time consuming, as you would optimally need to set the positions for each page to ensure that nothing is cut off.

Mike
(09-27-2014, 02:37 AM)Zuberman Wrote: MobileSheetsPro will let you turn half pages in portrait, or it will let you set the position of each half page in landscape .... The latter is more time consuming, as you would optimally need to set the positions for each page to ensure that nothing is cut off.

I was hoping that also in landscape view there would be something like "continous" scrolling possible. In recording sessions with groups of singers I use Mobilesheets on a 21,5" ACER Tablet often as a sort of lyric prompter and it is most important to serve the text as readable as possible This is perfect in landscape mode. But it is important that there do not occur "jumps" which are very confusing while recording. It's really audible when singers have been puzzled by "jumping lyrics".Dodgy.
An optimum would be just a smooth scrolling which speed could be increased or decreased by a footswitch in small steps.
I talked about a half page turn automatically completing the full page in this thread

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/fo...p?tid=1536

Perhaps if you like the idea we can persuade Mike it is worth doing :^)
If you are using half page turns in landscape mode, there is a new option to set the half page turn positions, so yes, it is addressed in the new version. If you are using the half page turn in portrait, then it doesn't matter if part of the music is cut off, as you can turn pages ahead of time to prepare.