• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Needed From Translators, v3.9 on the way, support coming for NOOK HD
I hope you’ve all had a wonderful time during the holidays. I’ve been hard at work on MobileSheets, trying to get a lot of bug fixes and enhancements ready for v3.9. Some of the Amazon users may have noticed that there is a bug that is causing a crash with v3.8, where it will crash the app if you rotate your tablet on the library screen. I will probably release v3.9 faster to take care of this, and some other outstanding bugs, and save some of the big new enhancements like positional zooming for v4.0.

Another thing I’ve been working hard on is support for multiple languages. I now have everything in place to support any number of languages, but I don’t have the resources to translate into all of the various languages out there. All that is required to help me translate the app is to take one text file from me, translate all of the words and sentences in it, and then send the file back to me. For the truly ambitious, I would great appreciate help translating the market page and the manual. If any of you are interested in helping MobileSheets reach a whole new set of users, please send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com (or respond here with contact info), and I will fill you in on all of the details. I really appreciate all of the support I’ve received – you all are helping make MobileSheets get better and better.

As a side note, I’m currently trying to release MobileSheets for the NOOK series of tablets, but I’ve run into several issues that Barnes & Nobles require to be addressed to meet their criteria for release. I should hopefully have it all straightened out in a week or so. For those with a NOOK or those considering purchasing one, MobileSheets should be available soon!

I hope you all have a great New Year!

Mike
Hi Mike,
First of all, I wish you and all who use MS all the best for 2013.

Translations in MS are a great new feature. I'd like to offer my help on the Dutch translation. I take it you have my e-mailaddress, should you not have it let me know.
Would it be possible to add a section/board on this forum about translations? On this board the best translation of a certain word/frase can be discussed. Multiple users can collaborate on the best translation.

Bart
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
Hello Bart,

It seems that Dutch users are extremely generous, as I've had a large number of users offer to translate into Dutch (more than any other language). Thank you so much for your offer, but I believe Dutch should be covered. I can definitely set up a translation board though so that anyone who wants to be involved can provide input.

Thanks,
Mike
I would like to help with a Danish translation.

Jens-Erik
That would be wonderful Jens-Erik. I will need to email you a file that contains everything that needs to be translated. Please send an email to mike@zubersoft.com so I can respond with all of the details.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-06-2013, 05:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That would be wonderful Jens-Erik. I will need to email you a file that contains everything that needs to be translated. Please send an email to mike@zubersoft.com so I can respond with all of the details.

Thanks,
Mike

I could try to help you for french translation if you need it.
Hello !

(01-08-2013, 12:03 AM)Joche Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 05:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: That would be wonderful Jens-Erik. I will need to email you a file that contains everything that needs to be translated. Please send an email to mike@zubersoft.com so I can respond with all of the details.

Thanks,
Mike

I could try to help you for french translation if you need it.

another french here if needed ..

Regards,
Samuel Austin
Belle-Ile en Mer
France
German speaker from Austria here. Would be glad to help.

Kurt
Thanks everyone. Once I resolve all of the recent issues I've caused, it will be time to get the translations in place. Having feedback from everyone will be invaluable.