• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ideal tablet for MobileSheetsPro
At the moment you get reasonable refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablets, at least in Germany, for some 200 - 220 EUR each. Due to the different form factor compared to 13.3" (like the HannSpree) a normal score sheet is displayed quite well: if you rigidly cut the borders you come out almost with the same visual size as a real DIN A4 sheet (which is quite popular as score sheet form factor over here). Okay, the Android is a bit outdated (5.0.2), but for the limited application discussed here it works near to perfect

I'm presently in the process to create a two-paged, plywood covered pseudo-book from two of them (after obtaining another one as Xmas gift Wink  in addition to my 1st one, used in vertical scroll mode so far).

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Well, I'd like to report completion, and show you the result, so you may even improve it for your own purposes. Wink 

My plywood construction is (mostly) finished (just the magnetic snap lock is not yet in place) - see attached images.

Main view:

Some features:

# Tablets attached to the wooden lids by velcro tape: Tablets remain removable, in case of a drop the non-rigid mounting will feather the high-G accelerations when the whole construct hits on something solid. To support this feature, the frame does not fit snugly but leaves about 1-2 mm space around the tablets for the velcro to do its job.

# Frame completely around: If it drops, there will be no sharp edges the tablets themselves may hit

# Press-through holes to press the tablets back out of the frame and their velcro fixations if they need to be detached

# All switches are accessible; additional holes to pull out the s-pens of each tablet from their bays with a fingernail.

# Both tablets can be charged simultaneously while holder is closed or opened.

# Distance between the screens so as to allow for an intermediate soft buffering inlay while transporting.

# Total thickness about 37 mm (with each single tablet responsible for about 10-11 mm already)

# Low relative weight addition (still have to check), compared to the own weight of the two tablets.

Cheers,
Petra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
That's really slick! Thanks for sharing that Petra!

Mike
I also had made a plywood stand to bring my Samsung 12.2 Galaxy Pro closer so I can read the screen with regular reading glasses. Because I travel with the keyboard, I made the holder collapsible. Unfortunately my tablet has frozen in the 'Boot' mode so I'm wondering if it's time for a replacement, so I may need to modify the new holder if I replace the 12.2 with a different make. (I'm currently in Sarasota FL, and have not located a local repair tech who can fix it.)
Samsung wants about $80 to have it shipped and checked, with no guarantees that it will work again. 
I'm trying to use a HP 14 Stream Win 10 laptop, but have not got all the kinks out. I got the pedal page turner recognized by MSP, but not the midi link. I play a Korg PA600 and getting the midi link with the keyboard's Songbook is part of MSP's attraction. 
I installed Korg's midi driver for Win 10. but so far nothing is talking. Have I missed a step? Also the laptop's portrait orientation seems to come & go, so I'm looking for another tablet that does as well 
as the Samsung did.
Just to come back to a still open bit of information:

(12-30-2019, 08:39 AM)Petra-Kathi Wrote: # Low relative weight addition (still have to check), compared to the own weight of the two tablets.

It is 2250 g in total, with the two tablets responsible for 1500 g already.

My last paper collection with only a fraction of the present electronic score sheets was already at 3500+ g, so the full-fledged electronic version it is already a real plus - or minus, weight-wise, of course.  Tongue

Cheers,
Petra
Update (2/26/20):  I just set this up.  It seems good.  I would prefer if it were not as long (high) and a bit wider, but really the screen is only a tiny bit narrower than my other 13.3 tablets (I think the 13.3 measurement for this tablet may be vertical instead of diagonally, so it be a slightly larger screen).  Also, the button and input are on "top" (or bottom) (using it in portrait perspective) and I would prefer they be along the along side of the tablet.

But, the price is right, it is a much later version of Android OS, and has 32 GB storage.  (I still have to try out the bluetooth pedal with it).

Anyone have any experience with this one?:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/EVOO-13-3-And.../327453474

Well, I ordered it.  I'll let you know.
I too am looking for a tablet. I checked out the tablet you mentioned and I can have it in two days from Walmart! Thinking of ordering it myself! Thanks!! I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure!! Big Grin
(03-13-2020, 07:45 AM)patsyannie Wrote: I too am looking for a tablet. I checked out the tablet you mentioned and I can have it in two days from Walmart! Thinking of ordering it myself! Thanks!! I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure!! Big Grin
Maybe wait?, I am having problem with the bluetooth connection.

I am returning it.  I could not get bluetooth to work.  Don't know if it was my unit, or problem with tablet, or possible something I could not figure out.

It told me it was paired, but it would not connect and would not let me check off that I wanted to use it as a controller device (or something like that).
Uh oh..... I ordered it already. It will be here Thursday.  I'll be sure to let you know if I have trouble. I'm excited! 
Patti
Has anyone tried using a separate display with their existing tablet, to increase display size? I'm thinking that with the cost of large tablets, it might solve the size issue if we could 'cast' or link via cable the tablet's visual output from the tablet.
(04-19-2015, 04:03 AM)manzajos Wrote: I think that Hp pro slate 12 tablet with 12,3 inch 4:3 aspect ratio, is the best for MobileSheets Pro. Hp duet pen is included with the tablet.
I completely agree, I used different tablets, but HP Pro Slate pleased me. I always use a stylus.
(03-16-2020, 12:07 PM)patsyannie Wrote: Uh oh..... I ordered it already. It will be here Thursday.  I'll be sure to let you know if I have trouble. I'm excited! 
Patti

Did it work okay? What are your thoughts?

Jeff
New kids on the block:
12.4-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
and
11-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
were just approved by official Wi-Fi certification organization.
Expected to launch this August and should include new S Pen stylus.
I just got the Evoo13-3 from Walmart, and it works great.  Runs Android 9, 13” screen, MSPro works perfectly.  The screen is not iPad quality, but for $150 I’m more than happy.
(06-08-2020, 03:38 PM)loonsailor Wrote: I just got the Evoo13-3 from Walmart, and it works great.  Runs Android 9, 13” screen, MSPro works perfectly.  The screen is not iPad quality, but for $150 I’m more than happy.

Thank you so much for posting.

Do you use a foot pedal? Have you had any problem with bluetooth?

I seemed to have a problem with my bluetooth with that unit (could have been my unit or my fault) and sent it back (the dimensions are not perfect either). But, I am considering buying it again if I get back feedback that it works okay with a bluetooth pedal.

Thanks,

Jeff