• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixed in 1.04 [1.0.2] Small visualisation bug + Dutch translation issue
Mike,

I normally have "Show Caption" set to OFF in the "Song Title Formatting" (library text size 18, tablet in landscape mode).

On my Acer DA22HQL, when long pressing a song in a library screen, the hight of a songline changes (increases) when the selection appears.
As a consequence, the selected line is no longer under my finger, but a bit lower. Sometimes it's no longer on the screen if I chose a song near the bottom of the screen.
With "Show Caption" set to ON, this does not happen.

The issue does not happen (whatever the "Show Caption" setting) on my Samsung SM-T900, also landscape mode, text size 18

While looking into this, I also noticed a small error in the Dutch translation (which is excellent by the way!)

The "Show Caption" option is translated as "Toon hoofdletter" wich should be "Toon Ondertitel" which will also make it match the translation of the title "Caption Format" above it.

I have also noticed, that on the Google Play Store, it says MS Pro is "designed for telephones". "Designed for Tablets" would probably be more correct, but I do not know if that is something you controlll.

kind regards,

Rey_a
Thanks for the feedback Rey_a. The issue on your Acer is an odd one. I'm going to have to figure out how I can handle that properly. The first step will be seeing if any of my tablets act the same way.

As for the excellent Dutch translation, it's all thanks to a user named Henk. I really need to set up some sort of "About" section in the settings to give thanks to people such as him and the other translators to whom I'm very grateful.

I have gone ahead and fixed the translation. I tried to scour the play store settings to see if there was some option for specifying tablet vs phone, but I couldn't find a setting for that anywhere. I did not provide a single phone screenshot, so I have no idea why it would be indicating that it's for phones...

Thanks,
MIke
Mike, I think the following link has some information about Google criteria for apps "designed for tablets"

http://android-developers.blogspot.be/20...ps-in.html

... only if you see some added value in changing it. I just wanted to draw your attention to it.
Google seems to indicate it increases sales ...
I have submitted a request for them to approve my app as "designed for tablets". They must do some sort of automated processing, and for some reason, MobileSheetsPro was flagged as not using enough of the space on the tablet screen (I have no idea why).

Thanks again for letting me know,
Mike
(04-20-2015, 03:01 AM)Zuberman Wrote: The issue on your Acer is an odd one. I'm going to have to figure out how I can handle that properly. The first step will be seeing if any of my tablets act the same way.

Mine does - always been like that AFAIR. As it switches from one line per chart to two, it seems inevitable and I learned to live with it..
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Rey_a:
I'm not having that problem. Have you tried it with a different text size on the Acer?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The same problem exist for Landscape mode, but the height does not change as much as it does in Portrait, so it's a lesser problem. Long pressing a title near the bottom of the list moves it downwards and it's necessary to scroll down to see it.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Skip: yes, I canged the text size to 20, but the problem remains
Oddly enough this problem only shows up on devices running Android 4.1 or lower. I have a fix in place now.

Thanks,
Mike
Amazing how you allways manage to come up with a fix for every small or less small issue that we experience. Great! Thanks a lot!
(04-20-2015, 05:40 PM)Rey_a Wrote: Amazing how you allways manage to come up with a fix for every small or less small issue that we experience. Great! Thanks a lot!

Agreed, Mike does a great job in fixing all these little issues.  Not helped by Google moving the goalposts, seemingly at every release of the OS, plus the huge number of marginally different versions of the OS that have been tweaked by the tablet manufacturer. 

Personally, I think Google missed a trick here.  By allowing manufacturer specific versions of the basic OS, it has made app development just that bit more difficult.
Graeme

Some of my music here
The issue concerning the line hight in the songs tab when long pressing seems solved in 1.0.3.

However : it still exists in the other tabs (collections, artists, albums . . ) and this on both my tablets. I did not check there before so I cannot tell if this is new in this release.
Thanks Rey_a. I assumed that the previous fix I made would work for all lists on the library screen, but that was not the case. I now have a fix in place for the next update for the other tabs.

Mike
Mike, one difference now is that the issue now also affects my tablet on android 4.4.2, which did not have the issue in the songs tab, because higher than android 4.1!
I just wanted to make sure everyone got to enjoy the bug for a little while Wink