• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pdf editing
Hi 
I use a Samsung Galaxy note 12.2 and sometimes the pdf scores that I have could do with a bit more editing than is available in MS pro. For example if I have a medley of several songs I might have several different pdf score pages. In order to make it easier to follow, I would like to cut off those bits of the score pages (from different songs) which I don't want. Or alternatively I would like to blank out bits of the scores. (I have tried the droplet function but I couldn't get this to work.) A rubber function which leaves a trail of white or black would also do. I've tried a few pdf editors but they are not really suitable. Does anyone have some first hand experience of one which might be suitable?
Thanks
Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional is available for free download from http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4683-a...bat-8.html . This an officially sanctioned freebie from Adobe itself, not any form of illegal software.

What more could you want for editing PDF's?
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
In order to blank out parts of a score, I use the annotations editor in MS Pro. I use the drawing tool to draw rectangles with fill color white.
Thanks for those suggestions. I've tried out the Adobe on my computer and it has some good features. I'll definitely be using it but it looks like there's a steep learning curve. Lots of help on YouTube though. I was really looking for something android that can do Adobe redaction stuff. Happy though to revisit annotations editor and realised that I can change the pen settings mode to rectangle and then fill. Must have missed this! Great. Two good results!
MobileSheets Pro
Samsung Galaxy note 12.2
Windows Vista/Windows 7
(09-12-2015, 08:27 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional is available for free download from http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4683-a...bat-8.html .  This an officially sanctioned freebie from Adobe itself, not any form of illegal software.

What more could you want for editing PDF's?

HOLY CANNOLI BATMAN!

I nearly wet myself with excitement when I saw this, and I was all over it like a bad rash! Cool

I had to use 'compatibility mode' since I'm now running Win X (10).
There was an (apparently) minor issue on installation, but it seems to be working properly so far.

Muchas Gracias!
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
It looks like Adobe 8 Pro is no longer free (requires serial number). (I was hoping to install it on my new computer.)

Any suggestions? (I mostly want to extract pages from Real Books, but other features might be helpful).

Jeff
I just did a search on it and it's still around, with sn, apparently. It's about 10 years old and may not work. I didn't try it, large download, 478 mb.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(08-15-2016, 12:58 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: It looks like Adobe 8 Pro is no longer free (requires serial number).

The serial number is on the same page as the download:

Windows Serial number: 1118-1414-1955-8737-8172-0350

Mac Serial number: 1118-0416-1130-3724-2927-7040
Graeme

Some of my music here
(08-15-2016, 01:23 AM)Skip Wrote: I just did a search on it and it's still around, with sn, apparently. It's about 10 years old and may not work. I didn't try it, large download, 478 mb.

I have it running on a Win 10 machine.  It might be old, but it's still a very viable program.  I was amazed Adobe gave it away.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Thanks, Graeme, I should have seen that.

I had a little bit of a headache in that it gave me some error message about not having the 64 bit Vista Driver (I am using Windows 7 64 bit). So, it did not run properly at first.

But, after some google research, I was able to figure it out what I needed to do and got it running right (I think).

Jeff