• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie question on handling of Audio Files
Hi all, sorry for my English. I'm German . Smile

I have some questions on handling of Audio Files:

1) How can I use multiple Audio Files I can choose from case by case? There are two main sample applications which appear quite a lot for me:
1.1) Saxophone Solo Transcription:
1.1.1) First I have the full song (from the very first measure to the very end)
1.1.2) second I just want to play the cutout witch matches the solo transcription
1.1.3) third I have the cutout of the solo in a slowdown audio version (e.g. 80%, 70%) for playing along in the original velocity is sometimes too hard for me (also see question 2)
1.2) Playalong File in two flavors. First: Full (melody/solo with accompaniment), Second: only the accompaniment for I am the soloist.

2) Slowing down the Audio: Is it possible to play the audio in reduced velocity (maybe by setting a velocity percentage)? If not, I would like to put this on the wish list.

3) Is there any possibility of “visual tracing” of the music in the sheets while Audio is Playing?

4) With point 3): Is there any possibility of “automatical page turns” while playing along with the audio?

Thank You for Your hints
I'm just learning about the audio and this is what I've found so far.
Load the audio files into MSpro, one for each of the situations you describe. You will need to use a 'slow down app' like Audacity to make the slow version.
In the song Library, long press the song and select 'edit song' at the top of the screen.
Select 'Audio' at the top of the screen.
Select the file folder icon on the right of the screen.
Select [check] the audio files you want to associate with the song and click 'OK' at the bottom of the screen.
This gets all of the versions into the right place.
Return to the main song library and tap the song.
Bring up the audio player, mine is set to appear with a tap on the lower left corner [settings>touch and pedal settings>touch actions].
Select the gears icon [audio player settings] at the top of the audio player popup.
Uncheck 'automatically play next track' [I also unchecked 'switch track when song changes' which may be a mistake].
Select the square icon at the top to open a larger view of the audio player to select which version you want. You can play around from there to make a few more adjustments.
I don't think the 'visual tracing' is possible. There was a thread several months ago about it.
The auto page turns is possible by you manually doing the coordinating between the audio and the scrolling/page turns using a page turner and/or screen taps or possibly using the 'automatically play audio when song is loaded' setting in the audio player settings. This didn't work for me, it started the audio too quickly so I switched to using a screen tap to start the audio for each song.
I think that's everything.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hello Skip,
thank you for your answer. I will try the tip with the "screen tap to start the audio for each song".
Maybe someone has other ideas.
Thank You.