• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New actions for bluetooth pedal ?
Hi, I'm just considering to buy a new device for turning pages, like these Airturn DUO or Airturn QUAD.

[url=help Get-Fileshares -ShowWindow][/url]I'm confused if 2 or 4 pedals, regarding the 4 pedals looking at the actions available in MSP I'm not finding those related to enter/exit annotation mode because I'm thinking about them to be used for 2 pedals (other two remaining pedals will be used for turning pages of course), am I right ? Should be possible to add those functions to MSP ?

Anyway I'd like to have gently from you all what do you think about 4 pedals and, if you've it, how do you use the 2 other pedals.

Many thanks, regards, Roberto.
Sad ...looking for a good Tablet....!!! Confused
OS ...to be determined !!! 
The QUAD is much bigger (wider) than the DUO so the added functionality for the two pedals better be worth it. You need to be careful to hit the desired pedal. I have a (guitar)effects box with 4 'pedals' (single push type, just like the DUO) and I always have to look first before hitting the right pedal. This may or may not be acceptable depending on the type of performance/instrument/etc.
Enter/exit annotations mode doesn't seem to be handy to me. After entering annotations mode you need to touch the screen to add anotations anyway, so entering annotations mode with a three-finger touch is easy and straightforward enough.
From my personal experiences, while in performance mode, I most often touch the screen to start/stop the metronome and to exit performance mode. Would I assign these to pedals? I don't think so.

BTW: When buying an AT DUO, make sure it's a BT-106, not BT-105.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Sad 
(11-26-2015, 05:40 PM)sciurius Wrote: The QUAD is much bigger (wider) than the DUO so the added functionality for the two pedals better be worth it. You need to be careful to hit the desired pedal. I have a (guitar)effects box with 4 'pedals' (single push type, just like the DUO) and I always have to look first before hitting the right pedal. This may or may not be acceptable depending on the type of performance/instrument/etc.
Enter/exit annotations mode doesn't seem to be handy to me. After entering annotations mode you need to touch the screen to add anotations anyway, so entering annotations mode with a three-finger touch is easy and straightforward enough.
From my personal experiences, while in performance mode, I most often touch the screen to start/stop the metronome and to exit performance mode. Would I assign these to pedals? I don't think so.

BTW: When buying an AT DUO, make sure it's a BT-106, not BT-105.

Thank you Sciurius, thinking me too about how to efficiently use the added 2 pedals...

Could you explain me the difference between BT-105 vs BT-106, I'm not finding technical specs on the airturn web site.... [Image: sad.gif]
BT-105: http://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/295989.jpg
BT-105 DIGIT: http://images.techhive.com/images/articl...medium.jpg
BT-106 DIGIT: http://static.bax-shop.nl/image/product/...mage01.jpg

When part of an AirTurn DUO or QUAD, the BT-106 DIGIT is labeled as DUO, QUAD, e.g. http://the-gadgeteer.com/wp-content/uplo...-duo-5.jpg

Basically, the BT-105 is a black box with connections for 2 pedal plugs, on/off button (multifunctional) and two leds (multicoloured) on the side of the unit.
BT-105 DIGIT has 6 additional buttons on the top. You can take the it out of the pedals and use it manually to control a PC, tablet, whatever, using 6 function buttons (normally arrow up/left/down/right, enter, b).
The BT-106 DIGIT is a newer (assumingly better) version of the BT-105 DIGIT. All buttons and the led are located on the top side of the unit, accessible when mounted in a DUO or QUAD.

As far as I know, a DUO or QUAD always comes with a BT-106.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Many thanks Sciurius.
I have had a three pedal unit for some time now ..... and I'm still trying to find a practical use for the third one Wink .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
GraemeJ -> Big Grin 

Thx.
You should take into consideration how you plan on using the various hands free combinations available. You may need to start/stop auto scrolling, turn page/jump forward or backwards, etc., while in the midst of performing using both hands and you cannot stop to change something. I'm not a pro and have found I can get by using 2 pedals at most although I suspect there may be a time when 3 could be useful. I think 4 would be overkill unless there were many more options, an unusual situation, or new use for a page turner.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Good, I'm quite at final decision: 2 pedals then Airturn DUO (BT-106)

One question: assuming to configure as usual way (backward/forward in turning pages) will it work also to go left/right in the MSP ? I mean when I click the backward button on my Android tablet

Thx
I use the same pedal with the same (pedal) config in other tools. E.g. PerfectViewer (on Tablet) and Comix (on PC). All function as can be expected. Of course, YMMV.
Johan