• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro 1.3.1 and MobileSheetsPro Companion 2.2.3 Released
Just for my clarification, 

Quote:Fields that need to contain the separator character should be quoted using double quotes (ASCII 34). If a quoted fields need to contain quotes itself, see RFC 4180.
If I save from Excel to CVS would the quoting be automated?
I don't have to "quote" commas myself in the field if I want to use commas for multiple field data like composer (or if it is used in a title)?
I don't know (neither do I want to know) Excel, but quoting should be handled by the exporter, and never manually added to the field data.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
[quote pid='13484' dateline='1451811153']
CSV Format

In order to use CSV files, it's expected that either a PDF with the exact same name as the CSV is present in the same directory or the first line of the CSV has a path to a valid PDF file. Then the fields to populate must come next. Two columns are required: title and pages. Other supported column names includes:
  • artists
  • albums
  • genres
  • composers
  • source types
  • custom groups
  • keys
  • signatures
  • custom
  • custom2
  • tempos
  • difficulty
  • duration
  • rating
  • years
  • sort title
  • audio files
  • keywords
  • setlists
  • collections
If a column is listed (other than title and pages) that you don't to populate for a song, you can leave it blank. All columns must be comma-delimited. Each value must be delimited using the | character. So, the following example could be used:

title,pages,composers,tempos
SongA,1-3,ComposerA|ComposerB,120
SongB,4-5,,

Neither composer or tempo is listed for the second song. When the CSV is imported, both songs will be listed and can be created at once if desired.

Mike
[/quote]

Can you list multiple titles for the same song? For example, 
Alleluia! Alleluia!|Hymn to Joy
would result in two songs being created with different titles using the same pages, composers, etc?
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED
Currently you cannot split titles like that to create multiple songs from the same line in the CSV. If that is something that would be useful to people, I can certainly look into adding that.
Nah, don't worry about it, it is just as easy to create a new line with the 2nd title and refer to the same page set.
SmarTab StreaMachine 13.3", Android 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Book 12, Windows 10
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G, Android 11
AirTurn PED