• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Sign Of Windows 10 version
At the current rate, it won't be ready anytime before August or September at the earliest, because I'm not able to dedicate enough time to the Windows 10 version. If I either switch more of my effort to that, or I work less hours for my day job (something I may consider soon), my estimate will change.
(04-11-2016, 03:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: At the current rate, it won't be ready anytime before August or September at the earliest, because I'm not able to dedicate enough time to the Windows 10 version.  If I either switch more of my effort to that, or I work less hours for my day job (something I may consider soon), my estimate will change.

I'm just glad it's getting seriously worked on. Until reading this, I thought the Windows version was just something you'd like to eventually do. I've been using the android version via amiduos on my surface pro 4 on gigs, but amiduos is just not 100% reliable, app crashes are frequent especially coming back from sleep. Once I have the MSP setlist up I've been fine if I leave the screen on the rest of the gig and don't leave MSP, but it'll relieve so much stress when it's a windows app. Thanks for your work!
Surface Pro 4 | MS Windows 10
I'm working on it a lot actually. I'm currently working on converting all the user interfaces (there is a lot of redesign that has to happen here). Once that is complete, I can start beta testing.
Great to hear it! I also use SP4 wit AmiDuos, it's not bad but I'm really looking forward to native MSP.

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
I am anxiously awaiting the Windows 10 UWP as well.  Are there plans to implement native pen support for annotations?
What kind of features do you have in mind when you say native pen support?

Microsoft did implement features described here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...teractions which would allow me to do interesting things like separate finger and pen touch actions so that you could things like move and select with a finger but draw and erase only with the pen. The problem is that it would require a big redesign in how I handle annotations and I'm not sure what kind of problems I may encounter when needing to scale or translate the annotations due to different display modes, page scaling modes and cropping. I'm also not sure how much additional data it would require in the database to store Microsoft's ink objects, as it could wind up being much more verbose than my current approach.

If you are just looking for basic support for pens, I can probably add that myself by recognizing certain pen events.

Mike
As an owner of Surface Pro 4, that has Surface pen, it would be great if you could fully support it. I understand it may mean a lot of extra work but IMHO it's worth. With upcoming Windows anniversary update W10 are going to receive a lot of Windows Ink improvements that looks really interesting.

(06-18-2016, 07:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: What kind of features do you have in mind when you say native pen support?

Microsoft did implement features described here https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...teractions which would allow me to do interesting things like separate finger and pen touch actions so that you could things like move and select with a finger but draw and erase only with the pen.  The problem is that it would require a big redesign in how I handle annotations and I'm not sure what kind of problems I may encounter when needing to scale or translate the annotations due to different display modes, page scaling modes and cropping.  I'm also not sure how much additional data it would require in the database to store Microsoft's ink objects, as it could wind up being much more verbose than my current approach.

If you are just looking for basic support for pens, I can probably add that myself by recognizing certain pen events.

Mike

The more the pen can be used separately from touch, the better. But at a minimum, it would be nice to have ability to annotate with the pen without having to go into annotation mode. Maybe create a default pen style, and then have more robust control like we have currently have in a separate annotation mode.  And specifically with Surface Pro 4/Book, having the eraser end of the pen erase is very helpful.

I know it would be a lot of work to have Staffpad-like control with things like symbol recognition (not full notation, but be able to easily create link points and such), but it would be cool to see down the line. And worth a premium, I'd gladly pay an in-app purchases for more advanced features.
What you are describing are the changes I already have planned for annotations - the ability to create them and perform basic actions/editing without having to go into the editor. I will still have the editor for more advanced editing, but simple drawings and such will be possible in the main view. It requires some pretty major design changes that have been described in previous posts. I think all of this is really separate from supporting pen features. Being able to erase with the pen eraser end or switch to annotation editing when the pen is detected are things I think I will be able to do.
(06-21-2016, 03:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: What you are describing are the changes I already have planned for annotations - the ability to create them and perform basic actions/editing without having to go into the editor.   I will still have the editor for more advanced editing, but simple drawings and such will be possible in the main view.  It requires some pretty major design changes that have been described in previous posts.  I think all of this is really separate from supporting pen features.  Being able to erase with the pen eraser end or switch to annotation editing when the pen is detected are things I think I will be able to do.

Fantastic, thanks for the hard work!

Also, as the Windows version gets closer to completion, it would be cool to have a dedicated forum on the page for Windows related thoughts.
(04-05-2016, 12:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Windows 10 uses NTFS while Android uses FAT32, but you can copy files through Windows Explorer, so I think you could transfer files that way.

Will we be able to use BackUp/Restore Library between Android and Win10 devices? That's my premium choice at the moment for keeping my devices in sync.
Thanks
Yes, that will absolutely be supported.
Just want to ask, how does it look with Windows 10 version? Any chance to see some pics or maybe get an alpha/beta version soon? Angel

+1 request for info on the windows 10!

I just bought a surface pro 4 (amazing piece of tech!) to replace my discontinued samsung 12.2.
I literally call my samsung my mobilesheets machine Big Grin

The DuOs emulator works stably and well enough, but a native windows version would be a dream!
I'm working really hard on it (part of the reason I haven't released an update in a little while). I'm switching back to Android to put out another update with some enhancements, and then I will be going back to Windows 10 to see if I can get a beta ready in the next couple months.