• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter, include/exclude mode
Mike,

here's another finding/suggestion in regards to filters:
Only the "Collection" filter allows to select the mode (include/exclude/assigned/unassigned).
I miss this specifically in the "Source" filter and assume it would be good to have in all filter fields.
Would this make sense?

Thanks.
Ben
I believe this issue was already raised on the forums and I have an entry in Bugzilla to add those selections where relevant. Those choices don't necessarily make sense for every field (there is no concept of unassigned for difficulty), but I can add them for group types.
Thanks Mike!
Could you include the filtering option "AND" as well? Within one group type that is.
I think it is just "OR" currently. On some occasions one wants to see the files only that meet both criteria at the same time.
I can look into adding that. If I add a checkbox for this, what's the best way to succinctly describe it? Should it be something like, "Show results matching all selections"?
Result show all matching [search] items, show result matching search criteria, or result shows all items matching search criteria.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I vote for using just the common wording AND and OR.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

If the checked checkbox means "OR "(default unchecked "AND"):
"Results satisfy all selected criteria"
2 radio buttons labelled "OR" and "AND" (or a combobox) would be a more adequate and understandable than a checkbox. The default setting should be "OR" so that "no user action" means the same behaviour as we see today.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

As long as most people understand the concept of "OR" and "AND", then two radio buttons would be my preference I think.
Sounds good to me!