• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup restore problem
I made a backup (excluding audio, including settings) on the tablet (GT-N8010) and restored it via DropBox on my Moto G phone.

Despite the verbosity of the message: What is happening here?

Settings > Other > Find missing files finds a couple of missing songs (not including the mp3 files that were excluded from the backup). Some (but not all) of the missing songs are simply missing in the backup file, indicating a backup problem and not a restore problem.

I guess this is related to http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3798 ?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
That problem is most likely caused by missing files in the backup file (unless there are locked files on the device that can't be overwritten). I'm going to need to find a way to reproduce the issue you are experiencing with files not being packaged in the backup file.
For the time being I assume the following is related.

Yesterday, during a gig, I called up a song and got the dreaded black page with the message that the song file was missing. Fortunately, I could read my partners score.

After this song we had a small pause so I ran "find missing files" and the particular file was not reported. I checked using a file manager that the file was present. Back to MSPro and lo and behold -- the song displayed normally.
This happened on the master tablet (the one that creates the backups this thread is about).

So there seem to be (transient?) situations that cause MSPro to be unable to open (read, load) a file. This may be related to MSPro making incomplete backups.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
IDK. I have the missing file message occasionally. I think in my case it has to do with my upgrading the OS and/or changing the SD card and the path correction tool of MSP doesn't work entirely correctly. MSP doesn't find the song automatically, but if I locate it manually and swap it it works again.
I'm just continuing to provide information that I hope may be helpful.

Yesterday I apparently blew up my external SD card so I needed to recover from backups (that were made very shortly before).

I inserted a scratched SD card in my backup tablet (ASUS Z300M) and restored the backup. All fine. Report missing files didn't report anything missing.

I inserted a scratched SD card in my production tablet (Samsung N8010) and restored the backup. All fine. Report missing files reports several files missing.

Inspection of the backup image reveals that the files are actually present in the image.

Most peculiar: All of the missing files have the same characteristics:

Path name in database is /storage/sdcard1/Partituren/Afasiekoor/10_Sinterklaas.cho
Restored path name is /storage/sdcard1/Partituren/Afasiekoor/Sinterklaas.cho
Note the leading 10_ is missing. Now there may have been a path name /storage/sdcard1/Partituren/Afasiekoor/Sinterklaas.cho in some older version of the database but I'm restoring with complete overwriting everything. The time stamp of the file indicates it was restored and not accidentally left over.

Could it be that the database is not properly cleared when rstoring? An SQLite bug, even?

Very puzzling...
Johan
Can you reproduce the behaviour?
If the database is not properly cleared you could delete MobileSheets.db. Then MSP creates a new database from scratch and the restore should work.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I do try to fix file paths and strip unique ids from filenames that were named that way in the original MobileSheets (assuming the "Add Unique Id to Filenames " setting is disabled in MobileSheetsPro). It's possible that there is a bug where the file is being renamed on disk but something is going wrong with the database being updated. If that is the case, I would expect this same problem to happen every single time. I wouldn't expect it to be random... Is this something you can easily test again?

As for your previous post, you may be right - if files are locked, that certainly would cause problems with library backups. I've seen files get locked before that weren't released until my tablet was restarted (so something was wrong at the OS level).

Thanks,
Mike
(05-11-2017, 05:28 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I do try to fix file paths and strip unique ids from filenames [...] I wouldn't expect it to be random... Is this something you can easily test again?

Not easily. But if I understand correctly this applies to a numeric postfix, not a prefix.

Quote:As for your previous post, you may be right - if files are locked, that certainly would cause problems with library backups. I've seen files get locked before that weren't released until my tablet was restarted (so something was wrong at the OS level).

Would it be possible to detect this, and issue a warning?
Also, often I get then feeling that it is MSPro itself that keeps files locked (in another thread, maybe?). When MSPro cannot display a file, and I switch from MSPro to another app and back again, the problem is usually gone.
Johan