Poll: Do you use a Korg PA and MobileSheets Pro
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
don't play a Korg
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 and Korg pa
I’ve noted that Android is updating it’s OS beyond 6. (I heard ver 7!)

I’m not sure if my Samsung Galaxy Pro will accept the latest, but I’m leery to try because of what happened last time. (after upgrading the OS from 4.4.1 to 5.1 the tablet stopped communicating with my pa600 & I had to roll back the OS. (My poor back-up maintenance resulted in loss of data and many songs)
I really treasure the MS Pro/Korg interface, and do not wish to have the original OS reinstalled again by making another mistake. Do any Korg PA/Samsung Galaxy users have any information re the newer OS updates and the stability of the Samsung tablet and the Korg interface? (My understanding was that this was not an Android problem but a Samsung problem.) Several other upgrading apps I use have indicated that they will not continue to support the older OS, so I may need to get another tablet for those needs. I know this will not become a problem for MS Pro users if we don't update the app version.

I'm curious to know how many Korg players have added MobileSheets Pro to their system, and enjoy the benefit of loading the song book resources when selecting a song from their tablet. Also, is it possible in MS Pro to link musicians to the concert master/conductor so that everyone is truly on the same page, if so, are there any bands/groups/orchestras who have done so?
Actually, Android 8 is in the works as I type this!

I can't speak directly to your concerns, but I can say it's a sad fact that eventually your software/hardware ecosystem will be torn apart unless you never upgrade/update anything.
Even then, manufacturers or developers can withdraw support, and that can cause issues no matter what you do (or don't do).
Sometimes a creative workaround can help.
I have an old(er) tablet with Android 3.2 (I think it is), and the play store says it's incompatible with the current version of MSP.
If I 'sideload' an .apk file of the latest version, it runs just fine!

I will say the recently added master/slave feature has worked well in my tests, both in WIFI mode and Bluetooth.
I could be wrong, it happened once before.
I tend towards the idea that, once you have something working to your requirements, then stop fixing it until it breaks!

For me, MSP works well enough and does everything I need already. As a consequence, I do not 'upgrade' either the program or the operating system on the main tablet I use for performance (or its backup). I do upgrade on a third tablet, in order to keep abreast of developments, but the main system works as I want, so why fiddle with it?

For a musician, this is a critical application. The last thing you want is it to fall over during a perfomance. If does what you need, then stop mucking around with it.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Thanks guys,

I'm thinking that a later Samsung tablet might be incompatible only from the Korg midi Songbook interface issue. From what Zuberman wrote when I had problems re the 5.1 OS update, it appeared that other tablet makers did not change the system, and other MS Pro users did not have any trouble because they did not need to link the keyboard with the tablet as I do. 
Because other Korg PA players seem to be okay, maybe their KORG OS is different. I have not heard from other Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 & Korg PA600 players. If your combination works, maybe I'm worrying about nothing.