• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvements Dutch translation
Hi all,

The Dutch translation isn't completely correct at all points. Some translations are translated too litteraly. Some examples I faced:
  • sharp (as an accidental) is translated into the Dutch word as in 'a sharp knife'.
  • flat (as an accidental) is translated into the Dutch word as in 'a flat surface'.
Probably caused by the simple translation with Google Translate or something like that. If you think it is helpful I'm happy to help with proofreading the translations for you.

Maurits
NL
Hello Maurits,

If you send me an email at mike@zubersoft.com, I can certainly send over the translations if you'd like to proofread them. I appreciate your offer to help.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello @Zubersoft and @mauritsdej,

Is there any update on this topic? Because the Dutch translation is the main reason why I created an account here. 'Sharp' is still translated to 'Scherp' instead of 'Kruis' etc. Maybe the translations can be done through something like Transifex?

Kind regards,

Chris
Hello Chris,

Maurits unfortunately never finished the proofreading work (to my knowledge). He did reach out to me, but it's quite a big job, so he may just not have had time for it. I've replaced the word Scherp with Kruis now. What about the phrase "Sharpen image"? What Dutch word(s) should I use for Sharpen? What about flat? If you would like to help provide feedback on the translation, feel free to either post her or contact me at mike@zubersoft.com.

Thanks,
Mike
Sharpen image = afbeelding scherper maken
Flat = mol
I'm a little confused... the sharpen image translation for Dutch is currently Verscherpen, and I don't know what you are referring to when you say Flat. Are you saying that Verscherpen is incorrect?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-03-2021, 04:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm a little confused... the sharpen image translation for Dutch is currently Verscherpen, and I don't know what you are referring to when you say Flat. Are you saying that Verscherpen is incorrect?

The dutch term for "sharpen image" is "beeld scherper maken". 'Verscherpen" is not a dutch word.

'A#" is called "A kruis".

"Ab" is called "A mol".
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Okay, thanks for the corrections. I'll put those in place. Just to clarify, does that mean in Dutch I should change all of the chords to use kruis and mol instead of # and b?

Thanks,
Mike
It's more a matter of personal preference ...  Adobe uses both "verscherpen" and "scherper maken" in their dutch help webpages .... (see attached image and link)

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/photoshop-ele...ening.html

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Verscherpen is a lot more concise, so if that is acceptable, I'd like to leave it as that. I obviously don't know what would be confusing to a native Dutch speaker though...

Thanks,
Mike
'verbeteren' (to enhance) would be an alternative, but unfortunately 'verbeteren' in dutch also means 'to correct' (spelling errors etc.).

I suggest to leave it as is. It is not worth spending much energy on.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).