• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem zooming in Landscape
Hi Mike

I'm using v2.1.9.

Normally, I always display songs in portrait mode but today I turned the tablet to landscape mode so that I could better see a riff at the top of a page.

When turned, MSP shrunk the page so that it fitted it completely on the screen (i.e. big black areas left and right)
No problem I thought, I'll just use my fingers to zoom in  - but it won't zoom.
Turned back to portrait mode and find that I can zoom.

(This was a one off so not concerned about changing settings to get a half page).

Also a bit confusing because pressing the right hand side of the visible page just brought up the menu options rather than scrolling to the next song. Found it did change song when I pressed the big black area near the edge of the screen. Obvious really, but not intuitive.

Cheers

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff,

Please go to landscape mode for that song, look at the display mode settings, and see what you have selected. If it's single page display mode, then it definitely should have let you zoom in. If you were using the half page display mode, that doesn't support zooming, which would explain what you saw. If it was the single display mode, I will have some more questions for you.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

Everything deselected in "Song Display Settings" apart from "Display Half Page in Landscape" 

It is a single page song

Can't see anything about how to handle as a single page - I'm assuming it would detect it was a single page. (the edit song info said 1 page)

Looking at the above, the song should display as a half page - it didn't  

Song Editor Settings:  Apply Rotation : All pages in selected file  (Changing to "Current Page only" had no effect - I used a different song to check)

What is the difference between the tick mark and "Ok" when "Editing the Song; they both seem to function as Ok" (perhaps they are treated as a single select point; if so the tick mark is confusing and redundant).

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff,

I was referring to the display mode dialog where there is the dropdown for the default display mode in landscape orientation. This can be accessed at the bottom of the song overlay by tapping the icon to the left of the page scaling icon with blue arrows. The values in this dropdown are "Single Page", "Two Pages", "Half Page" or "Vertical Scrolling". Let me know what you have selected for that.

The checkmark is just an icon that is beside the OK text to help make it stand apart from the other text-only actions. It's one single action though (meaning there aren't two separate things you can tap on).

Thanks,
Mike
Finally found the menu you mention - not one I believe I have used before (but I could be wrong).
The Landscape option is set to half page - which you say doesn't allow zooming.

Use "Default display mode for song" is set.

I can zoom if I set "Display Mode" to single page. In this mode it also only displays the top half of the page (as desired).

I think my problem is down to confusing menu options. To me, landscape, half page should display just that whereas it looks like MSP is using the two page display layout but restricting the image to a single page. Perhaps the wording should be something like "Single Page, Single Half Page, One Whole Page, Two Whole Pages, Vertical Scrolling" ?

Many thanks

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6