• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth hand controller
Hello,

Recently started using MobileSheets on Android after getting tired of lugging around my way-to-big scores collection Wink

Quickly moved on to Pro, but now looking if someone could recommend some bluetooth controller that's small, fits in your hand and can be used to flip pages? 
Since most of my performances are standing (choir), a pedal is not that practical.

Kind regards

Jan
Unless the music is on a stand or you are the choir master, I would have thought turning by hand would be easy enough.

I have considered BT before but didn't go ahead because most of my songs fit on a single page; I may reconsider at some point.

Should you decide to go the BT route, make sure that whatever you buy meets the BT spec of your tablet (Having successfully tested using a magic mouse from my daughter's mac, I tried to adapt a cheap BT mouse only to find that that it wouldn't communicate with my tablet - turns out the tablet only works with BT LE devices.)

You also need to work out how many actions you want e.g. is forward sufficient or will you need to also go back? If only one action, you might get away with a camera clicker; if two actions, a screen presentation may be suitable.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I tried a number of different ideas before settling on my final design for a BT controller and all the 'handheld' type devices I played around with (mice, camera controller, etc.) had one major drawback - after a set period, they time out!  Furthermore, I could never find a means to defeat this 'feature'.

This is a major drawback for our sort of use and I would suggest that you check that whatever device you decide on does not time out - before getting too involved.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(11-05-2018, 07:46 PM)jdeluyck Wrote: Hello,

Recently started using MobileSheets on Android after getting tired of lugging around my way-to-big scores collection Wink

Quickly moved on to Pro, but now looking if someone could recommend some bluetooth controller that's small, fits in your hand and can be used to flip pages? 
Since most of my performances are standing (choir), a pedal is not that practical.

Kind regards

Jan

I've used two different Airturn BT controllers with MSPro and never had a problem.
So Airturn Digit III looks like option for you.
The AirTurn DIGIT can be used handheld, and it is the same unit that is used in their famous DUO and QUATTRO pedals. I have never had the pedal timing out, so hand held should be okay as well.

I must add, however, that the buttons on the DIGIT are a bit hard to press but of course you can plug in any physical switch that you find convenient.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Thanks for the feedback - I'll have a look at those AirTurn ones Smile

As for the use: most of the time I do have the tablet in hand, so that's no problem to then use my stylus to turn the pages. Though for longer concerts we use stands, so there the controller would come in handy.
There are moments with another choir that I'm behind someone who's sitting down handling a percussion instrument, so leaning over to tap is extremely annoying for both of us.
(11-05-2018, 07:46 PM)jdeluyck Wrote: Hello,

Since most of my performances are standing (choir) Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate, a pedal is not that practical.

Kind regards

Jan

You can use presentation kit like the Logitech Professional Presenter R800
Check it on Amazon, there are cheap ones.
They have a pointer but the most important is the advance and return buttons.