• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New message to connected tablets"
I just pulled out my wife's iPad to checkout ForScore and OnSong.

A feature that OnSong has that I thought was very intuitive and helpful was a little icon on the top bar that looks like a chat bubble.

A window pops up and you can type in a short message and that message will flash on the screen of any connected tablets. The message is large but very transparent. I'd guess about 20% opacity? It flashed on the screen for a second or two and then faded out. I could still see the music behind it.

I thought this was a VERY cool feature.

Just my .02
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
That's a very interesting idea. I'll definitely jot that down as an idea for a future enhancement.

Thanks,
Mike
I'd like to be able to disable this...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
And one can write preset messages like "Start" or "Stop" or "Cue" or whatever message you want. In OnSong, you can color code them as well ... so say "Start" comes on the screen and a light green color overlay happens. 

It's all completely non intrusive. One can still read all their music and it's just a visual cue. Would be GREAT for musical theatre or corporate gigs where the band may be separate from the MD and the MD doesn't have a Cue microphone.

The way it's laid out in OnSong is a really really great feature.

Mike, I'll try and send you a vid clip.
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.