• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Unique file notes
I need to make new sets for different concerts.  In each set I need to make a running order reference note to each song which  is unique to that concert.  However each time I do this it changes the reference notes in all the other sets which makes them useless.   Can anyone tell me how to preserve specific sheet notes to a specific set please?
How do you notate your notes? You can do them in the song notes which are global and change in other setlists or in the setlist notes which should stick.
I'm not sure I have made myself clear.  Having opened the programme on my tablet I select my setlists on which I have several named events which have specific running orders of tunes.  If I select option 1 which we will call 'Festival' the first tune listed is 'Strike Up The Band'  In order to tie this PDF sheet music with my keyboard programming for style and tempo I need to give it a reference mark which would be 1/1.  My method for doing this is to open the editing options on the top left hand and select the pen with which I write the ref. 1/1 and so on through the running order.

Now I need to prepare may next event which we will call 'Birthday Party ' as shown in the setlists.  In this running order 'Strike Up The Band' tune appears half way through and as such requires a reference mark of something like 5/4.  However, when I add this tune to my order I find that it is already marked 1/1 which if I change to 5/4 is fine until the next time I open my 'Festival' option where I will find the first tune is now marked 5/4.

I'm sorry to have set this problem out in such detail but It seems the best way to describe my ignorance of the navigation of this wonderful facility.
Cheers
Brian
I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish despite your explanations. Probably my fault. I guess in the current version you have to use duplicates of the song (the database reference, not the pdf) you assign your different references to if you need them different for the occasions.

Maybe this will all be solved to your liking with the big annotation rework Mike announced for the beginning of next year.
If you are trying to have setlist specific annotations, the only way to currently achieve that is to duplicate your song (long press the song on the library screen and select "Copy Song" at the top of the screen), then annotate each instance of the song as needed, and add those instances to the appropriate setlist. The song versioning feature I have planned for the future would allow you to have multiple versions of a song and you will be able to assign a version of the song to each setlist. That update will make it cleaner as there is only one song instance, but it really accomplishes the same goal.

Mike
(12-20-2018, 05:25 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you are trying to have setlist specific annotations, the only way to currently achieve that is to duplicate your song (long press the song on the library screen and select "Copy Song" at the top of the screen), then annotate each instance of the song as needed, and add those instances to the appropriate setlist. The song versioning feature I have planned for the future would allow you to have multiple versions of a song and you will be able to assign a version of the song to each setlist. That update will make it cleaner as there is only one song instance, but it really accomplishes the same goal.

Mike

Thank you Mike - your song versioning feature would seem to answer my problem.  When do you think this upgrade will be available?
It's going to be a number of months, because I first have to finish the MIDI enhancements, then finish the annotations rework (which is going to be a significant effort). Then I will be able to start working on the song versioning and other promised features.

Mike