• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turn off screen after inactivity
Sometimes i open my instrument case the day after a rehearsel/gig and I find my tablet still showing the last song I played.  Can you make an option to turn off the screen after a long time of inactivity, say, 1hr, 2hrs?
I've added code to automatically turn off the screen lock after 1 hour of inactivity.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-04-2019, 08:58 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've added code to automatically turn off the screen lock after 1 hour of inactivity.

Thanks,
Mike

Wow, that's quick, thanks!
+1 from me (I asked for this in 2017 but was shot down!)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Under "Other Settings" there is a "keep screen on" option   I hope that will override this newest feature.
No, it will not, that's the point. If the screen is being forced on, and no activity has been received for an hour, then the screen will be allowed to turn off. If this is truly a problem for people, then I will have to make this new behavior configurable, which adds yet another setting to the settings screen. I'd really like to hear why anyone would want the app left on for over an hour without ever interacting with it though. The amount of time before the screen turns itself off is determined by the tablet's configuration for the display. If you set the screen to automatically turn off after a long time (15 minutes to an hour), then that would be 15 minutes to an hour after I turned the screen lock off (which is after an hour of inactivity). So you could always do that if you plan on leaving the screen on for long periods of time without touching the app, although that will drain your battery incredibly quickly.

Thanks,
Mike
Geoff - I do remember when you requested this. I just discovered a simple way to handle it that didn't involve having to poll. There is a "onUserInteraction" function that gets called whenever the user touches the screen or provides input with a pedal. I can use that to measure the last time there was input, and use that as the basis for determining if no input has been received in an hour.

Mike
Sounds good to me Mike (I'm up for anything that is easy for you to implement and maintain)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6