• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resource usage
When I start MS there is a high cpu/memory activitiy in the beginning. The mem usage climbs up within 1-2 min to well over a GB. During that time the cpu load is also high. All that seems to come from the 'runtime broker' thing that is tied to MS. Is that normal or can I do something about it? 

When I start MobileSheets with a library containing ~4000 songs, it is using 110 MB, and the broker is using 7.4 MB. How many songs do you have in your library? Are you running version 2.5.9 of MobileSheets? Perhaps I'll need you to send me your mobilesheets.db file under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState so I can see if it has something to do with the data in your database file.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-03-2019, 01:31 AM)Zuberman Wrote: When I start MobileSheets with a library containing ~4000 songs, it is using 110 MB, and the broker is using 7.4 MB. How many songs do you have in your library? Are you running version 2.5.9 of MobileSheets? Perhaps I'll need you to send me your mobilesheets.db file under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState so I can see if it has something to do with the data in your database file.

Thanks,
Mike

Interesting, my library is certainly not larger than what you have... I just made a backup (without audio) and I will send you a link to it once it is uploaded. This baby is also ~1GB. I always thought that my backups are so big because of the audio files , but it seems not the main cause. 
Thank you for having a look
Klaus
Klaus,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I restored your library and loaded up MobileSheets and it's using 78.3 MB with 0% CPU, so I'm really not sure what's going on. Do you have a huge amount of music under your Windows 10 music folder? MobileSheets does scan all of that... I probably should change that to only scan after the connection to the companion is established. Having said that, I copied about 6 GB of files to the music folder, and while it did result in a small amount of cpu usage at startup, it then settled down and the memory is only at 82.8 MB. 

From what I've read the runtime broker can be shared among multiple store applications or other things running in the background. Do you have other store applications running on your box? If you look at all processes while MobileSheets is closed, is the runtime broker still up? Looking at the "other fixes" section of https://www.ghacks.net/2017/04/06/what-i...-cpu-load/ it has a few suggestions that seem interesting.

Mike
Hi Mike
thank you for having a look. Yes my windows music folder is quite large (~50GB) . It is also synced to onedrive. On my laptop I see roughly the same startup behavior as on my desktop while on the desktop all music files are really present , whereas the laptop only has placeholders. Just checked , on my laptop the onedrive music folder is not the 'windows music' folder. Store Apps - I have a few others but I cannot see how they interfer with MS. Memory thing happens also with only MS running.
Klaus
I did a quick test and killed the runtime broker process. MS still runs and displays the lists, but when I try to open a song I get an error message that the pdf file of that song cannot be loaded
Dear Mike,
todays update has fixed the resource issue for me completly . Runtime broker is also peaceful now.
thank you!
Excellent! So it really was related to scanning all of the music in the music folder. Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Maybe it is imagination, but MS feels more responsive overall now!
And I must add, over the last months, MS for me got so much more reliable with repsect to syncing and editing. That is very important - kudos for all the endless fixes!