• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug? in Chromebook with Setlist Exit
I recently bought a nice HP Chromebook with a detachable 12.3" screen which seems to be just great with MobileSheets.  I have run into a small problem though in trying to revise a setlist on it though, at least when it is full screen landscape orientation.  It works fine while I edit it, but I can't seem to edit the Setlist editing window and return to the normal view of the app.  If I quit out of it and then restart it my changes are saved and everything is fine - but that is a kludgy way to exit the setlist editing screen I think.
  FYI my Chromebook is an HP 2in1 12.3 model.

Thanks,

Jim G.
Hello Jim,

Does your Chromebook not have a dedicated back button? I thought that was a standard thing on Android devices, but I do know that Google is starting to move away from that with Chromebook devices. I will have to add a dedicated back button to the top left, and in the future, my plan is to add cancel/save buttons so that edits can be made and canceled if desired.

Mike
(06-11-2019, 12:33 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Jim,

Does your Chromebook not have a dedicated back button? I thought that was a standard thing on Android devices, but I do know that Google is starting to move away from that with Chromebook devices. I will have to add a dedicated back button to the top left, and in the future, my plan is to add cancel/save buttons so that edits can be made and canceled if desired.

Mike

Yes, the keyboard does have a back button, but when I play music from it I detach the keyboard and only use the screen, which is essentially a standalone Tablet.  There is a small back arrow in the lower left corner of the screen but pressing it has no effect in this particular situation while editing a setlist.  I guess I should be careful to only do that when the keyboard is attached.
  BTW, thanks for your quick reply to my message.

Jim
I'll make sure the back button is added for the next update then, as I don't want you to have to deal with attaching the keyboard every time you want to edit your setlists.

Thanks,
Mike
That's very kind of you to address that.   After I typed my last reply I tried working with setlists while the keyboard was attached and I was surprised to see that the back button still didn't work, and also the left arrow on the screen didn't have any effect either.  This was the case also while just playing from thru setlist and not only while editing one.  So that's weird.  Again, the workaround of quitting the application and then reopening it seems to work so it's not a huge problem.

I just got this HP Chromebook with the 12.3" detachable tablet screen a couple of days ago prior to that I had been running MobileSheets on an Android tablet and the left arrow at the bottom of the screen behaved correctly and took me out of the setlist function back to the overview section.   I just retried that on the Android tab and the same issue I've reported about my Chromebook isn't and issue (as I'm sure you know).  But for whatever reason the back arrow on this Chromebook doesn't function the same way.

Thanks again for your time and attention.
Well, this is embarrassing, but now things seem to be operating fine with the setlist editing function on my Chromebook.  And it doesn't seem to matter if the screen is attached or detached.  Now the back button on the screen is allowing me to exit the Setlist editing element just fine.  So, I'm sorry about what I guess is a false bug report.

Best wishes,

Jim Greeson
Well I'm happy to hear that things are working properly now. Let me know if you run into any other issues. Would you still like a back arrow in the editor itself, or should I wait until I can add the save/cancel buttons?

Mike
Sorry to resurrect an old thread ....  but I have also experienced this issue (a few times).

Just like the OP, I am also running on an HP X2 Chromebook.   And just like post #5, I was unable to return to the main screens.   I noticed this first when creating a set list and second when viewing the songs in the list.   

So if I opened any tune in the list, I was unable to return.  Pressing the back button (both the upper left and the system tray back button) failed to do anything.   And ... I reconnected the keyboard and that back button failed as well.

I could exit the app and restart.   That would take me back the main menu.  But as soon as I picked a tune from the set list, I was stuck again.

This behavior continued until I restarted the Chromebook.  Then everything worked great.  No issues at all in tablet mode or with the keyboard attached.  The back button was fine from then on out.

Sorry that I don't have a way to consistently reproduce this.  Its a very intermittent issue. 

Thanks,
Dwayne
This seems like an issue with the OS. Hopefully Google will make some fixes to address this.

Mike