• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help restoring Databse
Hello all,
Started up the App and it was freezing and or just crashing and closing multiple times.   Went to the app settings and found a "Reset" selection so I selected that option. I noticed it also said "your documents will not be affected".   Well low and behold the app is back working correctly however a years worth songs with my own annotations are nowhere to be found.  Stupid me now wishing I had made a backup before I did the reset however after reading "your documents will NOT be affected I had some confidence.  

I have looked through other posts and found the original saved location of the database however no documents / songs  in there either except the one I just put in as a test. 

So is there any addition folder that I could check for a internal backup the App itself is using where I could transfer it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mike L
Hello Mike,

I'm really sorry you encountered those problems - there were a couple of bad updates at the beginning of the week (as you are probably aware if you read through the posts). I tried to fix them as fast as possible, but had to wait on Microsoft's approval process. As far as the message you saw, that is not one from my application I'm afraid. That's just a standard thing Windows 10 says when you reset an application's data. It's really misleading though - I think it's just telling you that anything in your documents folder or other public folders will not be impacted. That does not apply to application private data though which is wiped clean by a reset.

If that folder has been deleted, then there is nothing left unfortunately. That folder contains everything that MobileSheets needs - the database file and all song files. I really apologize for the significant amount of time and effort that you've lost because of this, and I wish I could do something to help recover that.  If you haven't created a library backup at any point and you never backed up the storage location, I'm afraid you will have to rebuild your library from scratch. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Mike