• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send Program Change midi messages to 2 keyboards
Is it possible to send "Program Change" midi messages to 2 keyboards that are connected with midi cable between them, and one of them (Yamaha Genos) is connected to the tablet with MobileSheets Pro?
I believe some keyboards have an option to forward/echo the MIDI messages they receive. If your keyboard has that, then yes, you could certainly do that. If not, you would need a MIDI router like this: https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio10

Mike
(08-11-2019, 01:57 AM)latingate Wrote: Is it possible to send "Program Change" midi messages to 2 keyboards that are connected with midi cable between them, and one of them (Yamaha Genos) is connected to the tablet with MobileSheets Pro?
You have to check if genos can use MIDI to MIDI and MIDI to USB in the same time. On my motif I can't. But , I think, that you can use genos connected with the tablet and use MIDI echo function on MSPto send messages from genos to the other keyboard.
(08-11-2019, 10:43 AM)actarusweb Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 01:57 AM)latingate Wrote: Is it possible to send "Program Change" midi messages to 2 keyboards that are connected with midi cable between them, and one of them (Yamaha Genos) is connected to the tablet with MobileSheets Pro?
You have to check if genos can use MIDI to MIDI and MIDI to USB in the same time. On my motif I can't. But , I think, that you can use genos connected with the tablet and use MIDI echo function on MSPto send messages from genos to the other keyboard.
Both keyboards must be connected. To MSP with an hub USB
And how do I "tell" MSP to which keyboard to send each program change?
You have two options: using the MIDI channel or using port filtering. If you go to Settings->MIDI Settings, you can enable sending to multiple channels. Then you'll need to select the channel you want to send each message to. If you want to enable port filtering go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections, and switch to using Google's MIDI library (only supported on Android 6.0+ though). That library lets you choose which output ports to connect to, and when you configure the MIDI messages for your songs, you can select which output ports to send the messages to.

Mike