• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing "Recent" List
While I am no particularly enamored with the way the"Recent" list works, presently I use it a way to keep track of the songs covered during a jam or job when no Setlist is used.

Unless I am missing something, I don't see a way to print or save a list from the Recent tab.

That would be a nice thing to be able to do if you wanted to archive the songs covered before clearing the Recent list which I do after the gig or job.

Since I generate all of my lists from the Companion, I assume that ability should be there versus on the tablet.
Long press one of the songs in the 'recent' folder>press the icon with the empty square [bottom right] to select all of the songs in the list [or select them individually]>select the overflow icon [3 vertical dots,top right]> select 'print'.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I don't think you can directly print it.

But you can select the recent songs you want to a temporary collection, setlist or whatever, select this collection/setlist and use the "generate songlist" from the overflow menu. This can be printed or saved. 
I think that's sufficient enough and the recent tab doesn't need a print or generate songlist for itself.

[Skip posted while I was writing. I don't think Scherzo meant printing the songs but a list. That's what I was going for]
(10-31-2019, 02:18 AM)Skip Wrote: Long press one of the songs in the 'recent' folder>press the icon with the empty square [bottom right] to select all of the songs in the list [or select them individually]>select the overflow icon [3 vertical dots,top right]> select 'print'.

(10-31-2019, 02:20 AM)BRX Wrote: I don't think you can directly print it.

But you can select the recent songs you want to a temporary collection, setlist or whatever, select this collection/setlist and use the "generate songlist" from the overflow menu. This can be printed or saved. 
I think that's sufficient enough and the recent tab doesn't need a print or generate songlist for itself.

[Skip posted while I was writing. I don't think Scherzo meant printing the songs but a list. That's what I was going for]

An interesting option and ALMOST satisfactory for my needs, however I noticed an interesting quirk or bug when generating a Setlist or Collection from Recent.

If I generate a Collection, I lose the order of songs in the Recent list because Collections arranges the songs alphabetically while Recent puts the first song at the bottom and the rest of the songs in order as opened with the most recent being at the top. While generating a Collection is better than nothing or "Print Screen", I like knowing the order in which the songs were played.

If I generate a Setlist, at first glance the created Setlist seems to put the songs in reverse order from the Recent list which is MUCH better for my application however, if you 'long press" a song to get the selection boxes and use "Select All", the first song in the list is the song you long pressed with rest of the songs in reverse order from Recent.

In other words, if you want to create a Setlist with the first song played first and the last song last, you have to manually check the boxes one by one from the bottom up to get that order. Not necessarily the biggest deal, but not the behavior what I would have expected when "Selecting All". Manually selecting the songs in reverse order isn't the biggest problem but it is awkward.

FWIW - Now that I know about this option my hope would be to generate a Setlist from Recent for each set or session in the order played, hopefully immediately after the set or session then clear the Recent list.

In the case of a set, it will help me to remember what was covered so there is no repeating songs during subsequent sets. For sessions or shows, the same desire applies, especially when there are multiple shows on the same or successive days.
Scherzo,

I'm a little confused. If I have two songs on the recent tab (listed Song2 then Song1), and I long press Song 2, then tap Song 1 to select it, then tap "Create Setlist from Songs", when I view the new setlist, it has the songs listed as Song 2 and then Song 1, in that order. They are not in reversed order. The only way the order would be reversed would be if I tapped the sort option at the top of the screen and changed it to descending sort order. Likewise, if I add another song so there are 3, and they are listed Song 3, Song 2 and Song 1 on the Recent tab, if I long press Song 3, then tap Select All then use the "Create Setlist from Songs" option, they are listed as Song 3, Song 2 and Song 1.

The other in which you select the songs on the Recent tab does matter. If you want the list reversed though, just change to descending sort order.

Mike
Try the same thing with 3 or more songs...

Long press one to get the check boxes, say song number 2 or 3 then use the "select all" box in the lower right corner to select the rest, create the setlist and see what you get.
Mike has told you that the selection order is important i.e. you need to press the one at the top of the list (i.e. most recent) rather than one further down the list

If you don't want to scroll to the top. long press any song and then deselect it before selecting all songs

Please note that I haven't tried this! - I'm just assuming MSP selects the songs from the top down

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff is correct when it comes to the Windows 10 version - the one you long press does matter, as that will be the first one in the list. Then if you tap "Select All", it will select the rest from the top of the list. I'm going to change this behavior so that it doesn't matter which one you select first - if you tap Select All, it will select them all from the top down. On Android, it already behaves this way.

Mike
Thanks!

In the meantime, now I understand it a little better.