• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing Smart Buttons
Hi Mike, 
Thank you for the new smart button sizes. It is great for smaller devices. 
I just noticed if there is a song with an specific start position attached to the smart button and you edit the smart button, then right in the editing dialog the start position of the song is set to the beginning of the song. I'm not sure if this was the case before the update.
So if I want to change the size of the button I have to check the song position before editing otherwise it will be lost. 
Maybe you could have a look. 
Thanks
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I'll see if I can reproduce that problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Thank you Mike
I can't seem to reproduce this. If I edit a button that is tied to an audio track, the audio track position listed is always accurate. Can you provide some steps to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Mike
I endend up last Week to restore my tablet, it was lagging a lot and i decided to make a fresh setup.
So restored mobile sheets from my backup and i found all my smart butons reset to the starting Position of the songs.
This was shocking but after a view days i checked the folder of mobile sheets and found all Songs and the mp3 files in there.
I organize the mp3 files and the song folders by myself on the SD card because i have orchestral music and i need one folder with all the parts for each song. Even in the backup file the path of the Songs and mp3 files pointed to the SD card.
So i deleted all song and mp3 files from the MS folder corrected the all song pathes within MSP with the find missing Songs function. This worked without problems and all the song pathes were corrected to the SD card.

And: tataaaaa all my smart buttons are working as they should. All positions are there. And edit smart button works as it should. 
Nearly. If i change the size of already existing buttons to smaller it will not be saved. On the next Start they are back to the old size. New created buttons stay at smaller size.

And the positions of the mp3 are still lost at the syncroniced device.

I dont really understand the file handling of MSP even if the custom song and music folders are in sync in both devices, there are always files whitch are copied to the MS folder. But not a big deal. I just delete the files there and autocorrect the path.

Thanks and happy hollydays
If you want MobileSheetsPro to respect the paths in the backup file, you need to make sure on the "Restore Library" dialog that you change the "Restore To" dropdown to "Original File Locations". By default, all of the files in the backup will be copied into folders managed by MobileSheetsPro in the storage location. 

I'll run some more tests with smart buttons. When you say the "position of the mp3 are still lost at the synchronized device" does that mean the same device you restored the backup file on? Or a different device that you synchronized using either the library sync feature or a backup file?

Thanks,
Mike
As the music and Song Files are stored on an external sd card, it is not necessary for me to restore all the Files Everytime, (the db and library Files could sometimes be enough) and i have no Problem to delete some Files from the MS folder. MS hast it' s own rules for sorting Files and  folders. 

The starting points of the mp3 attached to smart buttons are missing on the second device (client) after syncing with the Master tablet.

On the Master (after restore from backup) the starting points of the mp3 reappeard after correcting the path of all Files to the sd card. Directly after the Backup all positions were Set to the beginning of each music file.

Thank you.
The problem appears to occur when the audio file tied to the smart button is in one path on the original device, but is forced to go to a different path on the other device. I have a bug fix in place for this now.

Thanks,
Mike
With the update all the audio files start at the right position. Thank you for that.  Smile
But if I edit the smart button the starting point is getting lost again.   Huh
I first updated the client only.
I've added a fix for that now - sorry for missing that problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Your Support is excellent no need for apologies.

Thank you
After the update everything works fine. Thank you  Smile
You are very welcome.

Mike
Hi Mike i noticed one last thing: the starting Points are working well even after syncronizing. But if i Edit the smart button on the syncronized device in the Edit Dialog the starting Points is again set to the beginning of the Song. Tested with 2.8.3
Thank you.
I've been testing this on multiple devices, synchronizing one library that has the audio file on an SD card with another device that doesn't have an SD card and editing smart buttons works fine for me - the time shows up correctly. I'm not sure why we are seeing a difference in behavior in this case...

Thanks,
Mike