• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flic button as page turner
Isn't the flic button as big (at least wider) as the camera remotes?

Sure, I'd prefer smaller, slimmer ones as well. But I cope quite well with a rubber and a camera remote at my left index finger
(and using the thumb to turn pages).

Sure, if I'd be a classical pianist that wouldn't work so well. But as a hobby jazz pianist for playing in a bigband and comping it's quite
good and works better for me than an airturn which I never seem to find with my foot and always kick away somehow.
It does not have to be a flic button. (i saw it only on pictures) but someting similar. smaller. one button Smile 
the buttons on the remote are small and there are other buttons on it too....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(10-05-2020, 07:13 PM)McAroni Wrote: A simple button solution would be great. I tried it with some bluetooth camera remotes for the Phone but they are still too big.

I've purchased this simplest Bluetooth button ever from Amazon and it works well with MSPro.
It was less then $10 in 2018 and it is even smaller compared to overpriced Flic.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=1346]

You can even hide it in the shoe and control it with your toe. You can pretend to be magician to turn the pages.

Airturn Bite Switch can be pressure activated by various parts of human body. There are many locations on human body which can squeeze.

As i am a brass Player the Bite Switch will not work for me... Big Grin 
But the Button looks really nice. This is what i am looking for, even the possibillity to clip it on could work...

Thank you for the tip! I will have a look where i can get one.
Not sure why the camera remotes are too big for you if you're a brass player. They're about 4 cm length (not really much longer and bulkier than the button above, at least if you use the clip, I think) and even have 2 buttons for forward and backwards. If I have space on my finger I would think you have enough on your instrument (or your finger). But you should know best.

If you're interested you can see the size and usage in the attachment.

Well, anyway that's my last plug of the camera remote for now. 

The Clip at the button seems to ne perfekt to Clip it somewhere at the Instrument. I tried this with the camera remote, but i never found a good and stable Position so i could reach the button. I have to have both hands at the Instrument and I would never clip something on my Hand or Fingers while i'm playing.
Hi,

are there any news with regard to using the flic button as a page turner. It works well on my iPad with ForScore, but I would be glad to switch to MSP if I could make it work...
The flic 2 can be configured to send key commands like a bluetooth pedal. It can also send MIDI commands if configured for that. So the flic 2 already works with MobileSheets. I will try to add better integration when time allows.

Mike
OK great! Does this alteady work in the iOS test version as well?
Yes, it should work the same way in the iOS version.

Mike
Hello, I'm a new user to the music reader world and use a Boox MaxLumi2.  I am a tuba player and count lots of rests in my parts so often can get by with a tap to turn pages.  But in chamber music sometimes there is not the opportunity to reach the screen and I'm looking for a pedal or other solution.  I found this thread from a few years ago and can't find any updates.  Has there been any progress with setting up a page turn button to work with MobileSheets?  Seems to me to be a great solution for instrumentalists who need to keep 2 hands on their instrument most of the time.  Thanks for any update available Huh !!
The Flic 2 is already supported in MobileSheets as they added options for it to function as an HID or MIDI device. See this page: https://flic.io/flic-universal

If you set it up to act as an HID, it will behave just like a bluetooth pedal, and you can configure a pedal action in MobileSheets in the same manner.

Mike
(03-04-2023, 05:35 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The Flic 2 is already supported in MobileSheets as they added options for it to function as an HID or MIDI device. See this page: https://flic.io/flic-universal

If you set it up to act as an HID, it will behave just like a bluetooth pedal, and you can configure a pedal action in MobileSheets in the same manner.

Mike

thanks so much!!  Looks promising.  One of their testimonials on the Flic site was someone as a page turner using for a trombone.
I got a Flic button version 2 (the current model) and programmed arrow keys via its app. It has a quick response l if only program one single function per button. For example, if I program single press = right arrow and double-press = left arrow, then there will be around a half-second delay, while the Flic button waits to detect a double-press, before it activates the single-press right arrow to turn the page forward. It is not silent, it is a hard click sound. I think the Flic version 1 from several years ago is soft and silent and uses Bluetooth 4LE but I don't own it nor know if it can work.
iPad Pro 12.9" 5th gen, iPadOS17. Samsung tablet, Android14. Samsung cell phone (Note10Lite), Android13.