• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Batch-Import
Hey!
Is it possible to automatically load Audio Files when choosing Batch-Import?
I think it would be great if when you have a PDF in a folder with multiple audio files in it as well to be able to select the folder and MobileSheets automatically loads the Audio files with the PDF.

Best Regards,
Florian!
Florian,

If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Automatically Add Matching Audio, and you import files under the storage location (or you batch import off the cloud), then any audio file that matches a PDF in name will be added to the song that is created. This obviously means you can only import one audio file per PDF automatically though. While in your example it may make sense to combine the audio files into one song (batch importing a folder with one PDF and many audio files), it doesn't make sense in general use where the folder will have multiple PDFs and multiple audio files, as there is no way to determine which audio files should go with which songs otherwise. If you need to add multiple audio files per PDF, you'll have to do that through the song editor. If you can think of an algorithm that would handle matching audio files to PDFs correctly that works in all cases, I'm happy to consider adding new options and/or features.

Mike
(06-17-2020, 06:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Florian,

If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Automatically Add Matching Audio, and you import files under the storage location (or you batch import off the cloud), then any audio file that matches a PDF in name will be added to the song that is created. This obviously means you can only import one audio file per PDF automatically though. While in your example it may make sense to combine the audio files into one song (batch importing a folder with one PDF and many audio files), it doesn't make sense in general use where the folder will have multiple PDFs and multiple audio files, as there is no way to determine which audio files should go with which songs otherwise. If you need to add multiple audio files per PDF, you'll have to do that through the song editor. If you can think of an algorithm that would handle matching audio files to PDFs correctly that works in all cases, I'm happy to consider adding new options and/or features.

Mike
I wasn't thinking of matching audio files per se, but for example I have a lot of E-Books where there are lets say 10 songs in one PDF and then there are 10 Audio Playback Files, so "the Algorithm" could for Example look if there is exactly 1 PDF in a Folder and if then in that folder there are also multiple Audio's then it should load all of them into the Song. I think it would be very practical but only depending on this specific usecase. I know I could also split the E-Book up into multiple single PDFs but then I would have to do that for hundreds of Books...
I don't think that's practicable either. How should MSP know if the one pdf is a collection or just one sheet for one audio.

But you are aware that you can select all of the audio files in the folder at once to add them to the pdf? Shouldn't take too long to do this for all your collections and doesn't warrant a specific batch import option for your user case IMHO.
One interesting idea would be to add an a checkbox that says, "Create one song per folder" on the batch import screen. MobileSheetsPro would then combine every file found in a given folder into a single PDF (it would have to convert text/chord pro to PDF for this to work) and add all audio files in that directory to the song. This would then support users who have multiple files/pdfs per song and want to have an easy way to combine them along with audio files. Thoughts?

Mike
(06-24-2020, 05:15 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: One interesting idea would be to add an a checkbox that says, "Create one song per folder" on the batch import screen. MobileSheetsPro would then combine every file found in a given folder into a single PDF (it would have to convert text/chord pro to PDF for this to work) and add all audio files in that directory to the song. This would then support users who have multiple files/pdfs per song and want to have an easy way to combine them along with audio files. Thoughts?

Mike
That is a very good Idea. It would also be very helpful when you for example have a score with all the parts (for like a big band or whatever) and don't want to see all the parts individually in your Library but rather have one PDF that is the "Song" with all the Parts in it.