• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
Hi everyone, 

I just started using MobileSheets about a month or two ago and I'm loving it. Is it too late to join the beta? Would it mess up my current annotations on my music?
It's not too late at all. There are still issues I'm working through on the Windows side, so you may encounter some bugs here and there. To preserve your current annotations, create a library backup file under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. This will allow you to revert everything if needed (you can also just manually backup your database file which is C:\Users\mzube\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\mobilesheets.db). The beta will install separately from the Microsoft Store version, so the two versions won't impact each other if you currently have the Microsoft Store version installed. I'll send info to you through email.

Mike
I have tested the beta a lot more this week and found some new bugs.

It´s overall very stable but I noticed some things:

Maybe you are redesigning the hairpins but as it is now the diminuendo hairpin doesn´t start where you put the stylus. You drag from the wide part of the initial hairpin making the end become slightly to the right of the start point.

If you have old annotations from previous version and delete them and then hit undo to restore the old annotation the program crashes.

I have stylus mode enabled and auto close after 5 seconds. However if I am in annotation mode and press the screen with finger(sometimes you do this by accident) the auto close doesn't work.

In the annotation menu the icons for "line" are blurry. All other icons are sharp. All the icons in radial menu are blurry but text is sharp.

I have a custom svg I added as user stamp. The small icon in stamp menu shows fine, however if I add it to favourites the icon shows a ring with an exclamation mark. I also have trouble figuring out how to create working vector graphics. I make them in Inkscape and some work just fine and some just crashes the program when importing.

After using "find missing files" in options there is no back button or arrow, I have to bring down windows menu to get back or close program.

Suggestion:

How about being able to pin the favourite menu? Maybe you could customize your own top menu for you needs or have an extra row below. Drawboard pdf has an horizontal row with favourites on either side for example. For me personally I would prefer having a customizable top menu or an extra row below top menu. As it is now you have to select favourites then press favourite the press to close and then use your favourite. That is four clicks. A pinned favourite menu would reduce this to two clicks. Very handy if you use a lot of different annotations.
Surface Pro 8, i5, Windows 11
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Quick update - I have uploaded a new version of the beta at the same location as usual. Unfortunately, the previous version has an end date that will cause the application to no longer load. So beta testers will need to download the new update manually and run it to update the application. Then things should work as normal. I have not addressed every reported issue with this update (I just wanted to get something out to address the problem with it no longer loading), but I have fixed many reported errors and crashes. I also added changes for favorites in the radial menu. I have not updated crescendos and decrescendos to draw left-to-right yet, but I will be making that change soon. 

Mike
(10-11-2020, 02:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Quick update - I have uploaded a new version of the beta at the same location as usual. Unfortunately, the previous version has an end date that will cause the application to no longer load. So beta testers will need to download the new update manually and run it to update the application. Then things should work as normal. I have not addressed every reported issue with this update (I just wanted to get something out to address the problem with it no longer loading), but I have fixed many reported errors and crashes. I also added changes for favorites in the radial menu. I have not updated crescendos and decrescendos to draw left-to-right yet, but I will be making that change soon. 

Mike

Thanks for the update. Something is wrong with the stamps though. Trying to select a different stamp crashes app.
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
I'm looking into it right now. I will push another update once I've added a fix. Some users are reporting that the app is not loading for them. I can't figure that one out yet as it's not happening for me. I'm glad to hear that some people are able to run the new version without issue though.

Mike
I found the app didn't load for me when I first tried today; a screen would flash open, then disappear. But as you said earlier, it needed to be manually updated, and once I did that it's loading fine again.
Cmart - I forgot to address your request. The favorites popup when accessed through the radial menu stays up and can be moved around. So it effectively acts like a pinned toolbar. I actually think this is less obstrusive as it won't cover up the tops or sides of the sheet music like if I added a toolbar or slide out side tray. With the latest changes, you can also access the first 8 favorites through the radial menu if you tap the outer arrow. If it's not intuitive to have to bring up that popup through the radial menu, I can modify the code so that long pressing on the favorite icon in the toolbar will also show the favorites popup as a floating window that can be moved.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue with the latest build where touching the screen with a finger stops it from exiting. I must have fixed that along the way.

Mike
(10-12-2020, 03:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Cmart - I forgot to address your request. The favorites popup when accessed through the radial menu stays up and can be moved around. So it effectively acts like a pinned toolbar. I actually think this is less obstrusive as it won't cover up the tops or sides of the sheet music like if I added a toolbar or slide out side tray. With the latest changes, you can also access the first 8 favorites through the radial menu if you tap the outer arrow. If it's not intuitive to have to bring up that popup through the radial menu, I can modify the code so that long pressing on the favorite icon in the toolbar will also show the favorites popup as a floating window that can be moved.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue with the latest build where touching the screen with a finger stops it from exiting. I must have fixed that along the way.

Mike

Oh I didn´t use the radial menu so much before. I think this is sufficient for my needs. The one with 8 first favourites is very nice indeed(however as for now choosing any stamp will crash the app). I still have the problem with the finger though. If I enter annotation mode with stylus and then do nothing and hit screen with finger the annotation menu doesn´t disappear. However if I zoom or move around the page with finger or bring up the stylus again and make an annotation it closes as normal. The bug with deleting and then undo annotations from old version seems gone.
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
I have uploaded a new build to the same location that fixes the crash with stamps and addresses a few other things. Crescendos and decrescendos both draw from left-to-right now. I did fix the crash with undoing changes with annotations from the old version. So you just tap with a finger and that stops the app from exiting annotations mode after the timeout? If you leave your finger pressed on the screen, it may not restart the timeout until you lift the finger.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:
I can reproduce the issue with a single tap of a finger. I'll look into this and get it fixed - thanks.
Hi Mike. 

Is there a version update for android? 

I encountered a bug in my current version.
I did upload a new build for Android this morning, as the previous apk was invalid. What bug are you encountering?

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I've got another bug for you. On the Windows version, MobileSheets just straight-up won't launch. It will quickly flash the splash screen for a split second, then immediately shut itself down. I can't remember the last thing I did last time I used it. Any advice?
If you download the latest installer (I uploaded it a little earlier today), it should load up without issue. There was an issue that was caused by the code not properly handling date/time localization when checking to see if the beta has concluded.

Mike
I think there is some bugs with the new crescendo-diminuendos. Sometimes my deletions with the eraser is not saved when exiting msp. The resizing is a bit weird, the height is not corresponding to the size when creating. Sometimes there is an extra selection box behind the crescendo, hard to explain...

If it is possible I think the point where you start to drag the diminuendo should be at the open part of initial hairpin making it start exactly where you put down the pen.
Pageflip Firefly Pedal