• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
What do I have to do to update to 3.0.0?
When I launch version 2.9.6 it doesn't do anything, launching 2.9.18 does the same.
When I go to the Win app store it appears to do something, but when I start it is still v2.9.6.
I thought I remember a working auto-update.
(BTW I have the same behaviour both on my Win10 tablet and on my Win10 Laptop)
Puzzled, Don
Il ne faut pas rouler vite... il faut freiner tard
(12-24-2020, 07:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: All saving is now automatic, and it occurs when exiting the annotations mode. On top of that, you can have MobileSheetsPro automatically save changes at an interval, so that if you are making annotations for a long period of time, saves will be made along the way in case something happens like the tablet running out of power and dying (so that all of the changes aren't lost). 

You can no longer cancel the changes - this is by design as it's easy enough to just hit undo a bunch of times to revert changes, and it lets me commit changes to the database without having to deal with trying to roll them back if the user cancels (which would be a little bit of a nightmare).

Mike

Makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you purchased through the Microsoft Store originally, load up the Microsoft Store, search for MobileSheets and you should see an option to update to 3.0.0. It's possible the update just hasn't been delivered automatically to you yet. You'll want to uninstall the beta version after backing up your library as that version is going to stop working at the end of the month.

Mike
(12-24-2020, 07:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you purchased through the Microsoft Store originally, load up the Microsoft Store, search for MobileSheets and you should see an option to update to 3.0.0. It's possible the update just hasn't been delivered automatically to you yet.
In that case the App store is not working yet either. There is no mention of an update.
It says I own the app. I can install it and when I do I can launch it and it launches V2.9.6

EDIT: Please ignore this. 15 minutes later it is working. I have changed nothing.
Modern technology is a marvel, when it works
Il ne faut pas rouler vite... il faut freiner tard
(12-24-2020, 06:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: ...
I will work on fixing the panning issue. I also find that it's far too easy to trigger a page turn in the Android version while trying to pan with a finger, so I'm either going to remove this option completely or require a much more explicit fling action to turn pages. Would people prefer I keep this option of swiping to turn pages, or remove that to prevent accidental page turns and require users to only use the page turn buttons?

Thanks,
Mike

Awesome! Glad it's reproducible and therefore (I hope) fixable.

In the previous version, yes, I frequently flipped pages by accident while panning/annotating. I'm not sure if there's any use for it anymore, now that annotation mode can be entered by just the stylus. But a far more explicit swipe motion to turn pages would be very helpful. Thanks!
A couple of findings:
1.- I'm working on a 2 page pdf score and the annotations on the second page are only visible when I'm in annotation mode. As soon as I exit annotation, they disappear.  The 1st page displays them fine after exiting ...
I've exited MSP and re-started and still have the problem.

2.- I can't get rid of the layers window. I accessed it once and closed it but it keeps appearing every time I enter annotation mode even though I close it every time ...

UPDATE: Item 1.- seems related to layers.  If I turn the layer off and exit annotation and then go back and turn that layer on again, only stays on while in annotation but it goes back to being off when I exit annotation. So now I've tried with the first page and they are both stuck being off when in normal mode ....
Donner BT pedal
Yep, that seems to have totally sorted it for me. Just started playing with annotations mode and it looks great. Didn't think I needed it but now that I've tried it out I think I will end up using it. Thanks for the quick response. Have a good Chrissie! Guy

(12-24-2020, 03:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Oz Cello - I've sent you a private message. I updated the version of some libraries I use from Onyx, and I'm guessing that must have caused some issues with the Boox Max 3 that don't show up on my Boox Max 2 Pro. 

pianistslogic - That's definitely not intended. You should be able to pan in any direction if stylus mode is enabled. I'll take a look at that. Is that with the Windows 10 version or the Android version?

Thanks,
Mike
I'll take a look at those issues palosanto and fix them ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-24-2020, 11:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll take a look at those issues palosanto and fix them ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike

Thank you.  One more thing if I may:
The little toolbox that appears when trying to modify an annotation (e-ink version) shows up completely black even though the tools (little pen, nudge arrows, trash can, etc) are there but practically invisible because it's all black). Icon need to be white or the background white.
Donner BT pedal
(12-24-2020, 06:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: tchowmusic - I just tested the three finger tap gesture and it exited the annotations mode just fine on my surface pro 4. If you go to the settings window in the annotations mode, can you verify that the three finger tap is assigned to "Exit"? 

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, it is indeed set to "Exit". If I hold three fingers down, it also gives a "Stylus mode active" message near the bottom.
hmm, after the update I get an transfer failed error with syncing to google drive. I had this in the past, but not for the last year or so. I will try to do a fresh upload into an empty folder and this might cure the problem.
(12-24-2020, 08:57 AM)palosanto Wrote: ...
2.- I can't get rid of the layers window. I accessed it once and closed it but it keeps appearing every time I enter annotation mode even though I close it every time ...

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Did a little testing and I think I can reproduce it now. Fully close MSP, launch it again and open a song. Enter annotation mode. Layers menu doesn't pop up. Open and close the layers menu. Close the song. Now, any time you open a song, the layers menu will keep popping up in annotation mode. Only solution I've found is to fully restart MSP again.
(12-24-2020, 07:47 PM)pianistslogic Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:57 AM)palosanto Wrote: ...

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Did a little testing and I think I can reproduce it now. Fully close MSP, launch it again and open a song. Enter annotation mode. Layers menu doesn't pop up. Open and close the layers menu. Close the song. Now, any time you open a song, the layers menu will keep popping up in annotation mode. Only solution I've found is to fully restart MSP again.
That's exactly it.  Same thing here.
Donner BT pedal
palosanto - I've fixed the layer window issue, but I can't reproduce the issue you've described with showing/hiding layers. If I turn the layer off, exit the annotations editor, go back into the editor and then turn it on, all of the annotations show just fine. This is on my Samsung Tab S4, so I'll test this again with the Boox Max 2 Pro as I'm guessing you are seeing this problem on your Lumi. Let me know if you are also seeing it on your Note Pro 12.2. 

tchowmusic - That message is expected if you haven't yet touched the stylus to the screen. It's there to let users know that they've enabled stylus mode in case they turned it on without realizing that it's stopping their input. I have fixed the issue with the three-finger tap though, so this won't be an issue once the next update is released.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE: Can't reproduce the issue on my Boox Max 2 Pro either, so I'll need additional information on how to reproduce it.
(12-25-2020, 08:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - I've fixed the layer window issue, but I can't reproduce the issue you've described with showing/hiding layers. If I turn the layer off, exit the annotations editor, go back into the editor and then turn it on, all of the annotations show just fine. This is on my Samsung Tab S4, so I'll test this again with the Boox Max 2 Pro as I'm guessing you are seeing this problem on your Lumi. Let me know if you are also seeing it on your Note Pro 12.2. 

tchowmusic - That message is expected if you haven't yet touched the stylus to the screen. It's there to let users know that they've enabled stylus mode in case they turned it on without realizing that it's stopping their input. I have fixed the issue with the three-finger tap though, so this won't be an issue once the next update is released.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for fixing the layer window bug. 
For the annotations problem I ended up restoring a backup from a couple of days ago to replace the song that I had the issue with annotations disappearing in view mode.  I couldn't wait any longer as I have a concert  on the 27th.
It seemed to happen only in that particular song. I did also a backup first today and restore it in my Galaxy Note and It was happening also, so I guess that song's annotation data was somehow corrupt and created the problem.
In view of that I had to restore the older backup which although it was missing a few annotations, at least the rest were all displaying properly.

If I export/share the song the annotations are not there but if you are interested I can send you today's backup (that included the problem song) for you to investigate.
I cannot figure out a way to send you only one song with its database annotations .... is it possible?
Donner BT pedal