• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
(12-29-2020, 04:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Do you mean the problem you mentioned with switching the layer visibility on/off and the annotations not reappearing? I still don't have any way of reproducing that error at the moment, so I need to figure out steps to reproduce it to have any chance at fixing it. 

Mike

No, that's history, probably a corrupt data.  The annotations work fine now.
I'm referring to the toolbox appearing when editing a annotation.  In my e-ink tablet I can't see the icons (copy, delete, nudge etc). It's all black with the toolbox background and the tools are almost invisible.

EDIT
I discovered that it has to do with the stupid optimization.  I need to turn optimization on and enable 'Whiten Apps Background" under the Display Tab. Playing with the background color about 50% then the background of the toolbox is white and the icons black and I can see them. Although a border would be nice, the white bgd gets lost on the white page. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I have a fix for that coming in the next update. That's all taken care of.

Thanks,
Mike
(12-28-2020, 07:49 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The edit bar is supposed to display either above the annotation or below it. The fact that it's rendering on top of the annotation sounds like a bug. Is this when selecting any kind of annotation? Or does this issue only happen when selecting certain kinds like stamps or text? I definitely have not observed that issue myself so I'll need to figure out how to reproduce it. The nudge window is similarly supposed to be placed below the edit bar, which is below the annotation, so there should be no overlap. The only exception is if the annotation is at the bottom of the screen, at which point the nudge window is forced to appear above the annotation. 

I am considering options for having the nudge window staying up, but I think it will be hidden when the selection tool is not active, as annotations can't be selected except when that tool is active, so it wouldn't make sense to show it otherwise. I'll have to also consider whether to add a separate setting in the settings window to keep the nudge tool visible, or just add some kind of toggle that can be activated when the nudge window is shown where it will just stay visible until dismissed. I do have to rework the nudge popup a little bit to have a title bar though so it can be moved and closed.

Mike

Rather than try to describe the behaviour in greater detail, I've recorded a 6 Mb screen capture video which shows exactly what happens.  It's a bit better than I remember (perhaps because I'm now on version 3.0.1?), but still not what I'm hoping to see.

The file is too large to upload here, so I put it on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hE2n1kr...sp=sharing

In short, yes, the popup does land on top of every annotation type I've tried, including highlighting, freeform drawing, shape drawing, decrescendo, text and stamp.  Previously I'd only tried it on stamps and short text; on larger annotations the effect isn't as bad because at least part of the annotation can still be seen (for example, the highlight annotation in the uploaded video); on stamps and short text, the annotation is completely invisible.

The nudge tool is showing below the annotation bar, but it still overlaps small annotations, and often I need to move an annotation lower than where I originally placed it, so that doesn't help as much as it should.

It sounds like your proposed changes to the nudge tool are exactly what I'm hoping for.

Thank you!

- Steven
Hi Mike,

I installed version 3.0.1 from Googles Play Store but since version 3.0.1 bluetooth midi doesn't work anymore. I tried "Voreinstellungen" and google library but there is no adapter visible and cannot be paired. I did the same tasks like the former version when bluetooth midi works with the WIDI MASTER but now there is no success.

Regards
Jürgen
Mike,
I'm not sure whether or not this was already fixed in 3.01 but I'm still in 3.0 in my e-ink tablet and in Annotation mode, the three actions assigned in settings: Stylus button (opposite end of my stylus ), 2 fingers and 3 fingers tap actions are a hit and miss, not always work.
I haven't found a pattern of actions that lead to becoming disabled but they are definitely not reliable.
For example the stylus button sometimes becomes an eraser but many times if I have the pen tool selected the button also draws as a pen.
The 2 and 3 finger taps sometimes work as soon as I enter annotation mode but they become somehow disabled after a few actions.
I'm assuming that the touch input option in stylus mode is disabled. Is that the case or are they meant to work only with touch input enabled?
Donner BT pedal
Just updated to 3.0.1 from 2.x.x (Android).
The stamp tool is not working in my system. If I click on the icon / wheel > type, the program just get closed.

Other than that, the new features are working nicely. Great work, as always!
Hi Mike, 
I'm getting an error Message while synching the library. I try to sync from android (server) to Android and Windows Client. I think the same error comes up.
See Photo. After that MSP on the Server crashes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Thanks Mike, the 3.0.1 update fixed the panning issue whilst annotating. Very quick fix, thanks!

Panning is still bugged, though, outside of annotation mode. Looks like the same issue as before (vertical ok, horizontal no).

Another thing I've noticed (also in version 2.X) is that pen sizes (perhaps stamps too) seem to be directly related to the zooming level. E.g., my default pen is size 2 and works fine if I enter annotation mode from full-page view. But if I zoom in first, and then start annotating, size 2 is much larger. Is this deliberate? Perhaps there's a use for this, but otherwise I'd think that a fixed pen width (in relation to the page size) is more useful.

Lastly, I was experimenting a bit with some options and noticed something about the 'pressure' setting for pens. I like the idea, but whenever I draw a line with hard pressure, the first few pixels are way thinner than the rest of the line. This happens with both 2 different S pens and a Samsung Tab S3.
Hi Mike, as you know, I have been trying to report a series of errors through the web ('support') or the forum for 4 days. And there is no way. In the latter case, what I tried was to create two new threads. Now I will try to add a post in this thread.
Hello Mike
First, thank you so much for all the great improvements in your last release, specially the new annotations mode.
I have been waiting for it from the beginning. The result is fantastic.

I only want to indicate some minor issues, not very important, but it could be interesting to be solved in a future update, if you could.
This issues were detected with version 3.0.0 but still persists in 3.0.1

I have taken some capture videos so you can see more easily what I am saying (Sorry for my bad english). They are available in my Google Drive storage:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

1 - The number indicating the opacity level it is not updating correctly (see video "1 - number in opacity.mp4)

2 - The modal window with the arrows to move the element hides that element when it is at the bottom. Perhaps this window should be shown in another position in that situation, and not always just below the element. (See video "2 - arrows hiding element.mp4"

3 - When creating or updating some text element, what we are writing or editing is not visible if the element was at the bottom of the window (See "3 - texts not visible.mp4")

4 - If I change to panning mode with a two finger stroke and I was inserting stamps, very frequently the magnifying glass keeps visible, when it not should. (See "4 - magnifying glass while panning.mp4")

5 - The magnifying glass is very useful, but if I try to set a stamp near one border of the tablet, it can alternate its direction with minimal horizontal finger movement, what can be confusing. I think that if we try to put a stamp "near" the left (for example) border, then it should use and maintain the orientation where the circle is on the right. Although we made little adjustments in the position, the orientation should not change. It seems that, right now, when we change the direction with the finger, the direction of the magnifying glass is reconsidered, and if it fits with the circle to the left, it will use it, but as soon whe move then finger slightly to the left again, will flip the circle to the right.  (See "5 - magnifying glass oscilating.mp4")

6 - In the panning mode, If I do a long press, the bottom menu appears (menu to use when we are reading the song, not editing it). The only way I find to hide it, is exit the editing mode. But when I do that, the title of the song shows black. (See "6 - bottom menu while editing.mp4")

7 - I find difficult to move in the page with then panning mode. In some ocassions, each time I raise the finger and try to drag again, it begins from the beginning. In the example (7 - difficulty when panning.mp4) I'm swiping the finger from up to bottom, raise the finger and repeat.
I  have found that the problem arises when then pan mode is selected before I activate annotations mode. If I select another tools and then change to panning mode, it seems to work ok (See "7 - Difficulty with panning (2).mp4")

8 - There is another issue that I cannot reproduce while recording the screen: If I have copied some element to the clipboard, and then I change to the panning mode with the two finger stroke, the first attempt to scroll the screen makes the "Paste" modal window to appear. I can even wait some time from the moment the panning mode is activated, as soon I touch the screen to swipe the finger, the "Paste" message appears.
I have to touch out of the "Paste" window, and try again with then swipe movement.
(Recording makes me difficult to change to the panning mode with the two finger stroke, I have to make several tries and that makes the problem to not arise)

9 - In version prior to the last one (2.9.6, I think) sometimes the annotations didn't appear in night mode, but alternating in normal and night mode, or returning to list of songs and entering again in the song (never saw a clear rule), in the end I always managed to get it.
But in version 3 I cannot, it seems that the annotations are hidden in night mode. Or at least I don't know how to show them. (See "9 - Annotations and night mode.mp4")

10 - I have detected a situation where new stamps seemed invisible, and the reason was that the color was set to white, although I didn't select that color at any moment. In the video I have recorded you can see that the tool indicates that the color should be Black, but however is using White. Also, the color used and the icon of the stamp (with a certain color) are not in sync. I have to select another color to force MSP to really change the color and use black.
Before noticing that problem I was not doing any annotation, I think I was visualizing some song and probably I tried to change to the night mode (and returned to the normal mode because the annotations didn't appear, as I reported before)  (See "10 - Stamps and colors.mp4") :

Regards
I've fixed the issue with the nudge tool appearing on top of annotations. I haven't had time to add an option to always show the nudge tool when selection mode is enabled - that's going to require further UI changes, additional settings, etc. So it will have to be in a different update.

arj14pe - I actually didn't change any code related to the MIDI for version 3.0.0, so I'm not sure why you would suddenly be encountering errors.

palosanto - I have some bug fixes coming for enabling/disabling touch input in stylus mode. If you disable touch input in stylus mode, the two and three finger taps will not work. This is because if that setting is off, the tablet OS will stop sending me touch input entirely. I can't process the touch input in that case because I no longer receive it. It's handled this way so that there is no way for touch input to interfere with the stylus input, as for many users, this was the only way to prevent accidental input. Having said that, there is a little "hack" of sorts to get around this. I keep the touch input enabled for the toolbar even if touch input is disabled with stylus mode. This is because Onyx gives me the ability to specify a region for which touch input continues to be enabled. So I just specify the region for the entire toolbar. If you use a two finger tap in the toolbar (to the right of all the icons) it will actually still work for switching the active tool.

Cerio - I've been implementing many fixes to try and address that. I'm hoping with the next update that it will be fixed. The problem is that, for some users, their installation is missing all of the stamp resources. Uninstalling/reinstalling is a known fix for this, but I'm trying to implement workarounds to download the missing resources if an internet connection is available. I'm not sure how some users ended up without those resources though, as they are included with the installer.

McAroni - That means your device is running out of memory. I have some minor changes coming in the next update to help with this, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to fix that depending on what is causing your device to consume all the memory.

pianistslogic - As mentioned in a separate thread, horizontal panning is not supported when using the vertical scrolling display mode. I'm going to address that at some point, but it requires some significant changes as that display mode was never intended to support horizontal panning. You can force the annotations editor to use the single page display mode (check the settings window) if zooming and panning horizontally is critical for you. As far as the pen sizes, all sizes are now relative to the raw PDF page. So a 2 pixel thick line is going to appear large when you zoom in, because it's relative to the page size. This is 100% intentional and is much better than using the screen as the basis for the pen size. Otherwise you end up with all sorts of scaling issues that were present with the previous design. I would constantly get contacted by users who would get confused why a pen with size 6 would look different depending on whether they were annotating in portrait or landscape orientation (due to the page size changing). Now the line will always look the correct size regardless of how the page is scaled, or what device is being used to add the annotations. 

DaniP - I know we've been communicating through email, but just so people don't think I'm ignoring your post, I have addressed almost all of the issues you've mentioned. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback and your patience while the issues are being fixed.

Mike
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - I have some bug fixes coming for enabling/disabling touch input in stylus mode. If you disable touch input in stylus mode, the two and three finger taps will not work. This is because if that setting is off, the tablet OS will stop sending me touch input entirely. I can't process the touch input in that case because I no longer receive it. It's handled this way so that there is no way for touch input to interfere with the stylus input, as for many users, this was the only way to prevent accidental input.
Mike,

I'm a bit confused.  Even though it makes sense what you are saying about the tablet not detecting 'any' touch when touch is set to disabled, In 3.01 in my Samsung tablet, even with touch disabled, the 2 and 3 finger settings in annotation mode actually work, the pan tool gets activated with 2 fingers and I can exit the annotation mode with 3 fingers. ...  So somehow touch is still detected with more than one touch spot but remains disabled if I just interact with one finger which serves the purpose of being able to use the annot tools safely.  

I was talking about my e-ink tablet (still 3.0) in my post #65.
I should hope that they will work in the updated e-ink version too if the above applies ...
Donner BT pedal
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've fixed the issue with the nudge tool appearing on top of annotations.

Thank you!

(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I haven't had time to add an option to always show the nudge tool when selection mode is enabled - that's going to require further UI changes, additional settings, etc. So it will have to be in a different update.

Understood.  The location fix was critical, this part is just nice to have, so I don't mind waiting for it. Smile
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: DaniP - I know we've been communicating through email, but just so people don't think I'm ignoring your post, I have addressed almost all of the issues you've mentioned.

Thanks Mike. I have sent you a mail with a .msf so that you can investigate more easily the problem #9, as you asked me.
Mike, I have uploaded to my shared folder in Drive another video, "9B- Annotations created in night mode.mp4"
It is related with the problems #9 and #10. Probably you'll have notice it while studied them. But as you said you couldn't reproduce #9, I think it can be useful.