• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
(01-01-2021, 11:09 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - I have some bug fixes coming for enabling/disabling touch input in stylus mode. If you disable touch input in stylus mode, the two and three finger taps will not work. This is because if that setting is off, the tablet OS will stop sending me touch input entirely. I can't process the touch input in that case because I no longer receive it. It's handled this way so that there is no way for touch input to interfere with the stylus input, as for many users, this was the only way to prevent accidental input.
Mike,

I'm a bit confused.  Even though it makes sense what you are saying about the tablet not detecting 'any' touch when touch is set to disabled, In 3.01 in my Samsung tablet, even with touch disabled, the 2 and 3 finger settings in annotation mode actually work, the pan tool gets activated with 2 fingers and I can exit the annotation mode with 3 fingers. ...  So somehow touch is still detected with more than one touch spot but remains disabled if I just interact with one finger which serves the purpose of being able to use the annot tools safely.  

I was talking about my e-ink tablet (still 3.0) in my post #65.
I should hope that they will work in the updated e-ink version too if the above applies ...

Mike,
After eagerly waiting, I just got the 3.02 update in my Onyx Boox Lumi e-ink tablet.
To my disappointment, I just find the the issues with pan/zoom discussed in several posts remain and actually got worse, sorry.
When 3.01 was released and loaded in my Samsung tablet, everything was working great: I was able to zoom and pan in all directions with touch and stylus when I'm in view mode and I could do the same in annotation mode as long as the pan tool was selected even when touch is disabled in the annotation settings after you responded to my suggestion to override the touch setting and use the pan tool and it worked great.

Now with 3.02 in my e-ink tablet I was expecting the same improvements and behavior, however:
I view mode I can zoom with fingers but I cannot pan in all directions, only up and down whereas in my Samsung 3.01 I can.
In annot. mode, I can't zoom or pan AT ALL even with the pan tool selected (at least in 3.01 I could) and my system even freezes. 
The 2 finger and 3 finger tap don't work either while they work in my Samsung.
 Is it an Onyx OS limitation? I'm running Android 10 in my Max?
I already expressed my confusion in my previous post quoted above.  Am I missing something here?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(12-29-2020, 06:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have a fix for that coming in the next update. That's all taken care of.

Thanks,
Mike

Regarding post #61, and #62 (V3.02 e-ink), the annotation edit toolbox displays now ok with white backgd and black outline. However the nudge box still displays all black ...
Donner BT pedal
palosanto - There was a major problem in the previous version where enabling/disabling touch input in stylus mode wasn't actually enabling/disabling it unless you exited the editor and re-entered. So now that I've fixed that, touch input may be ignored now that wasn't previously. However, I need to review the logic when the panning tool is selected. The thing is, if touch input is completely disabled, even if the panning tool is selected, I can't process it. However, if you have enabled touch input and can't zoom/pan, then that's a bug and I need to investigate it and get it fixed. I'll also look into the other things you've reported, although I'm not entirely sure I know why those would be different in the e-ink version. Also, just to verify, are you using the vertical scrolling display mode? Horizontal scrolling is not currently supported for that mode (and hasn't been in the past). I will work on that for a future update. I'm definitely not sure why you would be seeing system freezes though, as I didn't change all that much. I'm still working with Onyx to get a fixed version of their library. This will all get ironed out soon - thanks for your patience. I will also get the nudge tool fixed on the e-ink version - thanks for letting me know about that.

Mike
(01-02-2021, 09:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - There was a major problem in the previous version where enabling/disabling touch input in stylus mode wasn't actually enabling/disabling it unless you exited the editor and re-entered. So now that I've fixed that, touch input may be ignored now that wasn't previously. However, I need to review the logic when the panning tool is selected. The thing is, if touch input is completely disabled, even if the panning tool is selected, I can't process it. However, if you have enabled touch input and can't zoom/pan, then that's a bug and I need to investigate it and get it fixed. I'll also look into the other things you've reported, although I'm not entirely sure I know why those would be different in the e-ink version. Also, just to verify, are you using the vertical scrolling display mode? Horizontal scrolling is not currently supported for that mode (and hasn't been in the past). I will work on that for a future update. I'm definitely not sure why you would be seeing system freezes though, as I didn't change all that much. I'm still working with Onyx to get a fixed version of their library. This will all get ironed out soon - thanks for your patience. I will also get the nudge tool fixed on the e-ink version - thanks for letting me know about that.

Mike

I trust that you've also seen the video I sent you earlier this morning via PM?
Regarding the freezes, to be fair it happened only once so it might be unrelated.
I get what you say about touch being disabled.  However all my tests are always with touch disabled in stylus mode so if it's always disabled, how come, as I showed you in the video, touch still works with the pan tool selected in my Samsung and also with the 2 and 3 fingers assignments?  That's what doesn't makes sense to me but oddly enough that's the desired behavior and somehow works on my Samsung.

Resuming, I just tried again with the Onyx (e-ink 3.02) and: 
In view mode:
I'm using single page, not vertical scrolling mode and I can only pan up and down with one finger when viewing but using 2 fingers I just noticed that actually allows me to pan in all directions if I zoom a little first.  Also entering page overlay and using the pan tool I can also pan anywhere even with one finger.   That's all good although zoom/panning with fingers is more useful while annotating rather than viewing.

In annotation mode (touch disabled as I always have it
)
Since I can't zoom with the stylus obviously, If I zoom in view mode first and then enter annotation mode, I'm only able to pan up and down and only with the stylus .

But again, with my Samsung tablet, I can do everything with fingers and stylus in both view and annotation mode as shown in the video and hopefully you can manage to enable the same abilities in the e-ink version.

Thanks
Donner BT pedal
Your Samsung is equivalent to the e-ink version with stylus mode enabled and touch input with stylus mode enabled. Disabling touch input completely is only something that can be done on the e-ink tablet, as it's done through the Onyx library, which is commanding their unique firmware to reject finger input. Is there a reason you don't want to enable touch input on your e-ink device? It should operate just like your Samsung device in that mode which it sounds like you are fine with.

I will look into the panning issues - it sounds like something is definitely not working as intended in the e-ink version. I'll also see what I can do about implementing horizontally scrolling for the vertical scrolling display mode for the next update. It sounds like that would be important to a lot of users. Just be aware that I will not be saving the horizontal scroll position. So if you zoomed in with the vertical scrolling mode, then panned the page over, exited the song, and reloaded it, it will stay at the same zoom level but the horizontal panning will be reset. The same is true if you turned forward several pages and then turned pages back (as the cached pages are cleared and reused for other pages to reduce memory usage). You can have both reset if desired by going into the zoom/pan settings and enabling the option to reset the pan/zoom on load.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-02-2021, 12:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Disabling touch input completely is only something that can be done on the e-ink tablet, as it's done through the Onyx library, which is commanding their unique firmware to reject finger input. Is there a reason you don't want to enable touch input on your e-ink device? It should operate just like your Samsung device in that mode which it sounds like you are fine with.

Ok, that explains it!  I thought that the two tablets touch behavior was supposed to be identical so I was going crazy ... 
The only reason for keeping the touch disabled is to avoid having accidental screen shifts while writing notes or using other annot tools where it's easy to touch the screen with the edge of the palm.  Then with the pan tool one can quickly use it to pan/zoom and keep annotating in the zoomed area with fingers. But it looks like it's not possible to do it with the e-ink tablet without enabling touch.

A couple of ideas to solve that:

1.- Store the current touch setting in a variable, set it to 'on' while the pan tool is selected and restore it to whatever state was previously stored in the variable when exiting the tool?  That would allow to zoom/pan with touch while annotating (similar to the Samsung)

2.- I'm not particularly attached to using touch to pan/zoom. I'm perfectly happy with using the stylus, the problem is that although I can pan with the stylus there's no way to zoom, and pan doesn't make sense unless I'm zoomed in first. So I guess the other alternative could be to either have a separate zoom tool like you suggested at some point or maybe add a behavior to the already existing pan tool whereby a single tap on the screen with the stylus zooms in a certain amount or initiates a zoom-window with long tap and then a double tap on the tool icon restores the 100% zoom?  So the existing tool would be sufficient to do both pan AND zoom and the touch setting could remain off.
The 2 finger and 3 finger touch functions wouldn't be available but that's ok, unless they could be replaced by double or triple stylus tap but I'm also ok without them.

Juan
Donner BT pedal
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've fixed the issue with the nudge tool appearing on top of annotations.

I really hate to say this, but I'm still seeing the same problem in 3.0.2.  This is on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running Android 5.0.2 (the latest available for this tablet).

This 3.8 Mb screen capture shows what happens:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntkgyl4...sp=sharing
(01-03-2021, 05:35 AM)smw Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've fixed the issue with the nudge tool appearing on top of annotations.

I really hate to say this, but I'm still seeing the same problem in 3.0.2.  This is on a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running Android 5.0.2 (the latest available for this tablet).

This 3.8 Mb screen capture shows what happens:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntkgyl4...sp=sharing

I haven't updated and in 3.0.1 it works fine in my Note Pro, no overlap ...   I guess I'll wait.
EDIT: I've updated to 3.0.2 and I find no overlaps at all.   I'm using the original ROM with Android 5.0.2.
Donner BT pedal
On my Note Pro no overlapping with 3.0.2. But Lineage OS
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(01-03-2021, 06:07 AM)palosanto Wrote: I haven't updated and in 3.0.1 it works fine in my Note Pro, no overlap ...   I guess I'll wait.
EDIT: I've updated to 3.0.2 and I find no overlaps at all.   I'm using the original ROM with Android 5.0.2.

Interesting!  That suggests that the problem depends on settings.
(01-03-2021, 10:15 AM)smw Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:07 AM)palosanto Wrote: I haven't updated and in 3.0.1 it works fine in my Note Pro, no overlap ...   I guess I'll wait.

Interesting!  That suggests that the problem depends on settings.
I can't think of any settings that would cause the nudge box to overlap ...  Mike?
Donner BT pedal
Hello
I have verified the issues I reported, to see if they are resolved. This is what I have checked in my Huawei Media Pad T5 (Androd 8.0):

1 - Opacity number is now correctly sync with the selection bar, but the behavior it is not completely ok (See: "1b - Modifying Opacity.mp4")
2 - Ok, resolved
3 - It seems sligthly better but still doesn't show the text that is at the bottom ("3b - text not visible.mp4")
4, 5, 6 - Ok. resolved
7 - Not ok, Keeps the same
8 - Ok, resolved
9, 10 - Ok, resolved

As I see, 4 and 8 are corrected, but on the contrary I observe some weird things, probably related:

11 - Higher latency when placing stamps
It may seem a bit subjective, but I think it's a clear impression. I assume that now there will be more checks to  rule out a misinterpretation of the strokes, but maybe something is not quite right. (See '11 - Latency placing stamps.mp4' )

11b- Also, this latency is apparent also when changing from stamp mode to panning mode, with a two finger stroke. See: "11b - Latency from stamp to panning.mp4". It is not excessive, of course, but in general my perception is that the annotation mode is a bit slower now.

I think the same may be the reason for another problem: now it seems more frequent that the two fingers strokes is not recognized, and can be neccesary to repeat it serveral times.

12 - Possibly related to 11 and 11b and that slightly more slow recognition of the touch gestures: I observe that when I am in stamp mode and I want to exit the annotation mode with the three fingers stroke gesture, in more occassions (much more that in older versions) that gesture is not recognized. You can see in the video "12 -  3 fingers stroke in stamp mode.mp4" how it can ignore that gesture and put a stamp, or also two stamps at the same time.

Well, many things have been corrected although there are still a few to be polished. We are advancing Wink

Thanks

(The videos are in the same folder, in my Google Drive storage: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing)
Hi Mike,

So glad to see 3.0 is out! That being said, I've encountered quite a few bugs on my Surface Book 3 since updating. Should I compile a list and PM/email you, or should I just dump them here as I go?

Also, I still appear to be on 3.0.0 on Windows 10. Is there a way to make the application check for updates?

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing these bugs ironed out

Harry
I'm just gonna drop this list of bugs I've encountered here, since I don't want to forget about them, but if this would be better in another thread, please move it! These are all taking place in 3.0.0.

Whenever I go to write with the stylus, the screen flashes black, sometimes only for a fraction of a second, sometimes for as long as 5 seconds. The screen also flashes the same way when exiting annotation mode.

Also, when going to annotate and having two pages on screen, sometimes one page will be be black instead of appearing

Lots of lag when scrolling in any mode, especially annotation mode (wasn't an issue before 3.0)

Zooming in is VERY laggy in both modes. It's also generally very glitchy right now

Zooming causes the page to become "off-center" when zooming back out to see the entire page again. It seems like it causes the page to go out of bounds? (I can PM a pic of this)

Making any kind of annotation and then trying to change the page makes the application save with the "saving annotations" popup, but this always lasts about 8 to 10 seconds. Maybe this is because I have it set so that it saves the annotations to the PDF?

Trying to write with the pen tool after changing pages becomes extremely laggy (annotation didn't appear for about 10 seconds)

Some pages load too slowly when using the left and right arrows

The worst bug I had that I can't replicate was this: I made a series of annotations with the pen tool, and when I exited annotation mode, those markings disappeared. When I went back to redo the markings and exited again, the newer markings also disappeared, but the first markings I made reappeared

That's all I have right now, and of course I'll test anything you have questions about. Thanks!
I can second Harry777's remark about the page going out of bounds when zooming out, sometimes, and it's hard to replicate.

I haven't had annotations disappear completely, but on a number of sheets some of my annotations turned white (on a white background) and merely showed a faint semi-opaque stroke around the actual strokes. My solution was to redraw the annotations and erase the old ones, but it was quirky indeed.