Poll: Did you experience pairing loss under Windows 10 as well?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
0%
0 0%
No.
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT pedal looses pairing under Windows 10
Hi there.

Maybe someone else has had this problem and can confirm or even has a solution:

I have two identical Pageflip Cicada pedals both of which pair and work fine with Android devices.

Under Windows 10 they pair fine but loose the pairing when turned off.
They still show as paired in Windows but the LED on the pedal shows that it's not paired anymore.
This happens with both pedals on a PC with a CSR USB dongle (BT4) and the built-in BT of a HP 8560p laptop.

In other words the pedals work with Win10 as long as they are not turned off (manually or automatically).

If this has happened to you with this or another brand, please enter the poll.

Regards

bass42
Hi bass42 . . . I can't really comment on the Pageflip Cicada but my band has been using four of the very well-priced 'Strich' pedals simultaneously with four devices (windows and android) and have not had any problems.  Following shut down and boot up the bluetooth pairing is very fast and is retained in memory.  Maybe worth a look?

Cheers . . . Martin
(01-18-2021, 06:48 PM)runawaymartin Wrote: Hi bass42 . . . I can't really comment on the Pageflip Cicada but my band has been using four of the very well-priced 'Strich' pedals simultaneously with four devices (windows and android) and have not had any problems.  Following shut down and boot up the bluetooth pairing is very fast and is retained in memory.  Maybe worth a look?

Cheers . . . Martin

To be frank:
If you are using a different footswitch, this is not helpful.
a) because the implementation might be different
b) Why would I want to buy another pedal if I already have two?
I have solved this, in the meantime.

I paired the pedal to my office laptop, a newer HP model which worked fine and the pedal reconnected after I powered it off and on again.

So it all boils down to a driver problem.
The notebook has a Broadcom 2070 chipset.

After having tried some drivers, I finally found one which did work and now so does the pedal.
I've had quite a lot of weirdness with my PageFlip Firefly on Windows 10 Surface. I can't find it in bluetooth settings, it shows up as "unknown device" and then when I finally give up I notice that it's in device manager all installed and ready to go. I've been through this several times.

Anyhow, to say something useful: Mine has the usb jack and I generally have it sitting in my office beneath my music stand, so I've plugged it in to power and since then it hasn't "unpaired" once. So if this is an option for you, try running it on line power instead of batteries.

(I know it's not the same model, but it's close! And both have a USB power jack.)

Eric

EDIT: you should also see this thread: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=6112