• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having Keyboards Set Up Automatically When Changing Songs
Hello,

I doubt this is anything I would try to do any time soon.  Probably too many difficulties even if it was doable (multiple cables to synths/time up front setting it up/concern of glitches/etc.)

But, when I am playing live, it does take some time to set up the sounds for my two keyboards (occasional transposing too) when I am changing from one song to another.

Does anyone attach your synths to MS and have it automatically set up the programming on your synths when you change to a song? Can it be done?

Jeff
Sure It can be done! I am using it all the time. Under any song, you can attach special midi command "program change". It will choose any patch on the keyboard immediately when the song is chosen. More than amazing feature!
(02-02-2021, 09:03 AM)pianomaster Wrote: Sure It can be done! I am using it all the time. Under any song, you can attach special midi command "program change". It will choose any patch on the keyboard immediately when the song is chosen. More than amazing feature!

Hello,

If I tried it, I guess I would just use that for one of my two keyboards in my set up (the non weighted one ("synth") used more for non-piano sounds).

Do you run a cable from your tablet?  

Jeff
Yes, I do run a cable from tablet to keyboard. But I have one master keyboard(bottom) and on the top, I use the midi controller, so I actually set only the bottom keyboard. Maybe you can set your synth via MSP and your bottom keyboard from your synth?
(02-10-2021, 08:24 PM)pianomaster Wrote: Yes, I do run a cable from tablet to keyboard. But I have one master keyboard(bottom) and on the top, I use the midi controller, so I actually set only the bottom keyboard. Maybe you can set your synth via MSP and your bottom keyboard from your synth?

Yes, if the synth changes automatically (via MS) , I can handle the other one manually.  Maybe something to explore.

Thanks!

Jeff
It gets even better Jeff, You can drive multiple tablets too, for the other members of the band. If your keyboard has a songbook, it can tell the tablet to open the proper song. It is certainly worth the effort to set this all up. You won't regret it.
(02-12-2021, 06:52 AM)Jonk Wrote: It gets even better Jeff, You can drive multiple tablets too, for the other members of the band. If your keyboard has a songbook, it can tell the tablet to open the proper song. It is certainly worth the effort to set this all up. You won't regret it.

I spent a bit of time trying.  I attached my tablet to my Casio CTK-7200 via a usb cable.

I tried to set it up a program change to the correct sound/patch when I opened the song. Nothing changed with the keyboard.

After about 30 minutes of trying different configurations for program changes/banks changes, etc I gave up.

If you have any hints, let me know and I'll try again.

Jeff
Jeff,

If you attach your keyboard via a USB cable, then go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections (I'm assuming you are using MobileSheetsPro on an Android device), and change the MIDI library to "Google", do you see the input and output ports for your keyboard show up? Can you successfully connect to them? Some users have informed me that they need to switch to the "High-Performance" library in order to connect to their device, so you can consider trying that as well. I just want to ensure that a valid connection was established before investigating if the proper MIDI messages were sent/received.

Mike
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out: Edit > MIDI tab > + 

I've done this with a few songs on my tablet (and it works great), but it's been a while and I'm trying to add more, and can't for the life of me remember how I did it! Was the procedure changed from the big update? Regardless, can anyone walk me through how to do it for individual songs?
(04-08-2021, 04:03 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Jeff,

If you attach your keyboard via a USB cable, then go to Settings->MIDI Settings->Configure MIDI Connections (I'm assuming you are using MobileSheetsPro on an Android device), and change the MIDI library to "Google", do you see the input and output ports for your keyboard show up? Can you successfully connect to them? Some users have informed me that they need to switch to the "High-Performance" library in order to connect to their device, so you can consider trying that as well. I just want to ensure that a valid connection was established before investigating if the proper MIDI messages were sent/received.

Mike

Thanks, I had missed this response.  At some point I will try this again.

Jeff