• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro and MobileSheets version 3.0.9 released
Version 3.0.9 of MobileSheetsPro for Android is now available, and version 3.0.9 for Windows 10 has been submitted to Microsoft and should be available early this week. This update contains a large number of bug fixes, but the most important changes are for the Windows 10 version. Performance while annotating should now significantly improved, especially while zooming in. The changes are as follows:

Common Changes
  • Fixed issue with tapping the music symbol icon to load a song and start audio playback       
  • Fixed issue with synchronizing songs with multiple audio files       
  • Fixed issue with automatic scrolling when scrolling for a fixed duration and then tapping a link point
  • Fixed issue with entering annotation mode while placing a link point or smart button
  • Fixed bug with modifying embedded PDF annotations that could cause other embedded annotations to become invisible
  • Fixed issue with triggering the overlay with a diagonal fling while panning is active
  • Fixed issue with page turns through pedals or MIDI commands not being allowed if zoomed in with the two page or half page display mode
  • Fixed issue with resetting the zoom level when high quality zooming is disabled
  • Fixed issue with the active layer when switching between multiple active layers and entering/exiting the annotation mode
  • Added ability to access metronome in annotation mode
  • Long pressing on the center of the radial menu will now immediately collapsed it
  • Long pressing the undo icon in the annotation mode will now prompt to revert all changes
  • Fixed issue with the last viewed page being incorrectly used when loading an individual song through the setlist tab
  • Fixed issue with copying a song that resulted in annotations being shared between the original and the copy until the app is restarted
  • Fixed issue with chord pro chords that have a trailing slash at the end showing up with two slashes
  • Fixed layer name suggestion so that it does not conflict with existing layer names
  • Improved annotation selection logic when annotations are overlapping. The last annotation in the layer will be selected first.
  • Fixed issue with unused custom annotation stamp files not being removed properly
  • Fixed bug with numerical sorting that caused formatted song fields to be ignored
MobileSheetsPro v3.0.9 (Android)
  • Added option under the SD card icon in the file browser to jump to the application data directory for devices running Android 11.
  • Fixed issue with using the fix broken file paths feature on devices running Android 11
  • Fixed render issue with ellipse annotations under certain conditions
MobileSheetsPro E-Ink v3.0.10 (Android)
  • Panning and zooming with touch input while annotating is now allowed at all times if the panning tool is selected
MobileSheets v3.0.9 (Windows 10)
  • Significantly improved performance when annotating while zoomed in
  • Fixed issue with displaying files that have a width or height greater than 16k pixels.
  • Added several fixes to help performance after successive song edits
  • The image quality will no longer degrade after scrolling
  • Fixed issue that could cause unusual scrolling behavior when nearing the last page of a song or setlist
  • Fixed issue with standard stamp font missing the end repeat symbol. Note that you may need to use the "Reset all lists" option to see the repeat symbol appear.       
  • Fixed issue with changing the current language where the app does not always restart correctly       
  • Fixed issue with the rating field not being set correctly on the batch edit dialog when no rating has been set for all of the songs       
  • Fixed issue with toggling night mode where annotations wouldn't always correctly invert colors       
  • Using the alphabet list on the multi-selection dialog on the library screen will now scroll the first match to the top
Thanks to all who helped identify bugs and provide feedback,
Mike
Mike,

Thanks for the extensive update.  
Unfortunately the long awaited panning and zooming with touch while in annotation mode is still not working in my Max Lumi ...  Sad

Also revert all changes by long-pressing undo doesn't work if the pen tool is selected, but maybe this is by design?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
A mistake was made when I was preparing the update that caused the e-ink specific changes to be dropped. I'm making a new build now to fix that issue with the panning. Sorry about that. I'll see what I can do about the long press on undo while the pen tool is active.

Thanks,
Mike
(03-08-2021, 04:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: A mistake was made when I was preparing the update that caused the e-ink specific changes to be dropped. I'm making a new build now to fix that issue with the panning. Sorry about that. I'll see what I can do about the long press on undo while the pen tool is active.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Mike.  
 I also noticed that my other tablet hasn't updated automatically and if I go to PlayStore  it still has version 3.08.
Donner BT pedal
Version 3.0.10 for e-ink is now available - give that a shot and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,
Mike

Working great with both issues, thanks!

What about the 3.0.9 update for the Samsung?  It's not updating automatically ...   Is it working for you?
Donner BT pedal
It should be available for download soon. It's just going through the review process right now, which may be automated for Google Play, but takes a little longer for Amazon as they manually review it.

Mike
(03-08-2021, 10:03 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It should be available for download soon. It's just going through the review process right now, which may be automated for Google Play, but takes a little longer for Amazon as they manually review it.

Mike

No worries.
Donner BT pedal
One more request with pan/zoom tool in annotation mode:
Can we have the zoom tool to zoom 100% with long-press?  Right now I have no way to zoom 100% if I zoom-in in annotation mode.

Also pan/zoom trigger with 2 fingers (when set in settings) only works partially in my e-ink device,  it does return to the previously selected tool but it doesn't trigger the pan tool.
However it works fine in my color Samsung.
Donner BT pedal
I'm confused - if you have the panning tool active, why can't you just pinch zoom in to max (if that's what you mean by 100%)? Or conversely, why can't you just pinch zoom out to eliminate the zoom? Trying to implement long touch detection with the panning tool seems like a bad idea to me, because a user may place their finger down and not immediately pan the page, and then if it just clears the zoom and panning instantly, they are not going to understand what happened. If there was a dedicated zoom tool, then I would not be opposed to supporting something like that.

Which tools are you switching between with the two finger tap? If you switch from the pan tool to the pen tool, that's going to disable touch input, so you can't then use a two finger touch to go back. There is nothing I can do about that due to the way the touch input is disabled (I'm requesting that the hardware ignore touch input versus a software implementation to do that which wouldn't work as well). Enable touch input if you need to rely on that functionality. If stylus mode is enabled and touch input is enabled, it should still ignore most touch input, especially from the side of a hand or a palm, as the touch area is large in that case and it makes it easier for me to detect. If you touch the screen with just a knuckle while writing, that's going to appear just like a finger, so that will probably cause the screen to start panning if the page is larger than the screen.

Mike
(03-12-2021, 06:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Trying to implement long touch detection with the panning tool seems like a bad idea to me, because a user may place their finger down and not immediately pan the page, and then if it just clears the zoom and panning instantly

I meant long-tap with the stylus on the actual zoom tool in the toolbar to reset pan&zoom, not on the screen .  It would be a faster way rather than pinching zoom out several times with the fingers to reach the full page.

EDIT: The other option would be to include 'Reset Pan/Zoom' in the list of available commands for the 2 or 3 finger tap assignments in the annot. settings menu.  I'm already used to do 3 finger tap to zoom extents in view mode.

(03-12-2021, 06:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Which tools are you switching between with the two finger tap? If you switch from the pan tool to the pen tool, that's going to disable touch input, so you can't then use a two finger touch to go back. There is nothing I can do about that due to the way the touch input is disabled 

Regarding the 2 finger tap, I was talking about any tool switch with the pan/zoom tool, but I just remembered that Onyx handles touch differently that the Samsung tablet so I understand why it can't be done when touch is disabled in stylus mode which is the way I always have it.  Nevermind.  At least it works in my Samsung.

Thanks,
Juan
Donner BT pedal
I downloaded and installed Companion and MobileSheetsPro last week and everything worked fine.  Today when I opened the Companion app, I was prompted to update the version and did so.  It now shows that I have 3.0.9 installed.  However, when I tried to connect to Companion via the Android App (Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+) I got an error message in Companion that I was using an old version on the Tablet.  The message that appears on the PC Companion program says "You appear to be connecting to an outdated version of MobileSheetsPro.  Please update MobileSheetsPro to the latest available version."  Both the Android App and the Companion App show that I am running 3.0.9.  Can you help?  Thanks very much!
I responded to your email rcknrll - Google just hasn't approved the updates I submitted yesterday. See this thread: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...p?tid=7325

Mike