• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active layer invisible in e-ink version
Hi,

I mentioned this in another thread and double checked the documentation.

"To switch the layer into which new annotations will be added for a given page, tap the name of the layer in the window. The layer whose name is green is the active layer for that page."

It happens that we don't see that green color on e-ink screen so I never know which layer is the active one. Any workaround?

Regards,

Eric.
I'm going to make some changes for the next update in regards to that. I'll have to see what I can do to make the selection stand out more. I'm not sure if bolded font will really be enough. I might need to bold and underline.

Mike
(04-26-2021, 05:30 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm going to make some changes for the next update in regards to that. I'll have to see what I can do to make the selection stand out more. I'm not sure if bolded font will really be enough. I might need to bold and underline.

Mike

Thanks, underline might help for sure.
My app was upgraded to 3.1.2 this morning, this is how the layers behave now. Somehow I ended up with 2 layers active at the same time, and no way of deleting them (see the scrrenshot).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How did you wind up in that state? I added and deleted layers over and over and never saw that behavior occur. What actions do I need to take to reproduce that?

Thanks,
Mike
(05-01-2021, 02:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: How did you wind up in that state? I added and deleted layers over and over and never saw that behavior occur. What actions do I need to take to reproduce that?

Thanks,
Mike

I did nothing special, just pressed the '+' icon.
I have a screen record, but MyBB won't let me attach it. I uploaded it to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSsHCFOcdvg
The layers in that song were already in a bad state though because Layer 2 is shown without the ability to delete it and as you mentioned, it's shown as selected at the same time as Edu. I need to know how layer 2 got in that state, because that is what is causing the third layer to be incorrect. If you added layer 2 in the same way as layer 3 and it's behaving that way in every song you test with, and not just that song, then I'm definitely at a loss to explain what is happening, because when I tap to add a new layer, it seems to work just fine and I don't get that behavior. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
Mike
I agree that something is not working.
It seems ok adding/deleting layers on page one.
But when I try to do the same in page 2 a few things can happen.  Either the layer is created but it has no delete button or it's not created at all.
Also If I create a layer in page one becomes current which I assume is by design.  But then if I manage to create a layer in page 2 it also becomes current BUT the new layer in page 1 also remains current.
I'm not sure whether or not having a current layer independently in ach page is by design but definitely confusing ...

I suspect that the refreshing or lack thereof has a lot to do with the above behaviors.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you've updated to version 3.1.3, the layer window now refreshes even if you use the pen tool. So that's no longer a problem. I'll see if I can reproduce what you are describing with creating layers on pages other than the first.
Please import a new file and repeat those tests with a new song. I need to know if the problem you are seeing is due to invalid layer data in an existing song, or if it's something you see even with a new song. I don't see any problems creating layers on any pages of the song I'm testing with.

Thanks,
Mike
(05-01-2021, 05:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please import a new file and repeat those tests with a new song. I need to know if the problem you are seeing is due to invalid layer data in an existing song, or if it's something you see even with a new song. I don't see any problems creating layers on any pages of the song I'm testing with.

Thanks,
Mike

I updated this morning to 3.1.2  but I just re-launched MSP and prompted me for 3.1.3.
I report back in a minute.
Donner BT pedal
(05-01-2021, 06:01 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please import a new file and repeat those tests with a new song. I need to know if the problem you are seeing is due to invalid layer data in an existing song, or if it's something you see even with a new song. I don't see any problems creating layers on any pages of the song I'm testing with.

Thanks,
Mike

I updated this morning to 3.1.2  but I just re-launched MSP and prompted me for 3.1.3.
I report back in a minute.

It seems to partially work now.  
But after a few attempts, when I create a layer on page 2 and give it a name it doesn't show up.
also, is it normal for each page to have their own active layer?  I have layer 3 current in page 1 and layer 2 in page 2 with the link symbol on the lower toolbar crossed.
Donner BT pedal
That's bizarre, I definitely never saw that. Is that a problem with the refresh? If you switch tools does it suddenly show up? Or did it not create it at all? Did you happen to click away from the dialog asking for the layer name, hit back, or hit cancel on accident? I'm just trying to come up with an explanation for that as I've definitely never seen a layer not get created after clicking OK on that dialog. As for your question, yes, each page has their own layers that can be named differently if desired. The layers won't be synchronized across pages unless each page has a layer with the same name.

Mike
Sorry,  I missed your request to do it with a new song.
I just did and layers are created and delete buttons are there also but after deleting a layer or two in page 2 I can't create anymore,  the prompts are there but layers don't appear.  Also I deleted a layer and now I have 3 current layers in page 1
Donner BT pedal
(05-01-2021, 06:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's bizarre, I definitely never saw that. Is that a problem with the refresh? If you switch tools does it suddenly show up? Or did it not create it at all? Did you happen to click away from the dialog asking for the layer name, hit back, or hit cancel on accident? I'm just trying to come up with an explanation for that as I've definitely never seen a layer not get created after clicking OK on that dialog. As for your question, yes, each page has their own layers that can be named differently if desired. The layers won't be synchronized across pages unless each page has a layer with the same name.

Mike

All the invisible layers show up if I reload the song. So definitely some refresh issue.  
And multiple current layers at least in page one.
Hard to reproduce it as every time seems to be different, I guess it depends on the sequence of actions ...
Donner BT pedal