• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync and stamps
Hi Mike,

I have a folder with all the stamps in the same location as all the MSP song folders are.  When I do a back up they restore correctly but today I did a sync with my two tablets and the new stamps were missing.  Are their locations not part of the database?

Also, in my Lumi e-ink tablet I have a few stamps that don't have a thumbnail in the library although I can insert them fine. The library just shows an empty spot.  Is there a way to refresh the thumbnails? 
The same stamps display fine in my Samsung tablet.

Thanks
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
The sync is supposed to handle determining if custom stamps are in use and are missing in the stamps folder of the device being merged to. I have tested this with success in the past, but if you are seeing issues, I'll have to revisit it. As far as refreshing the thumbnails, if you tap on a stamp, then tap on it again, you could select the option to reset the stamp list. That would cause a refresh. I'm not sure why the icons are not displaying correctly though.

Mike
(05-18-2021, 06:23 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The sync is supposed to handle determining if custom stamps are in use and are missing in the stamps folder of the device being merged to. I have tested this with success in the past, but if you are seeing issues, I'll have to revisit it. As far as refreshing the thumbnails, if you tap on a stamp, then tap on it again, you could select the option to reset the stamp list. That would cause a refresh. I'm not sure why the icons are not displaying correctly though.

Mike

I synced again with my Lumi as server and unidirectional to my Galaxy.  As you can see in the images below the order is all screwed up and there is still one icon missing although the actual stamp and preview are fine.

Regarding the phantom icons, I did a refresh but made no difference.  I re-imported twice and renamed etc and I had the same result.
I ended up redrawing the 3 stamps that had the problem.  I still don't get it because I've created about 24 that are just copied and rearranged from each other so I don't know why these 3 were different.  Anyway, it's ok now, go figure ...

BTW,  how does MSP know where the stamps are?  Today I was importing from google drive and they were ending up in my Stamps folder in the 'files' directory under Ubersoft but I don't recall setting this path myself.  Is this the default path?
Also, would it be a lot of work to give the user the option to select a file when a stamp is not found?
That probably applies also to any file including missing pdf files or audio of songs when for any reason is missing.
Donner BT pedal
The stamp order is not handled with the sync. That is captured in settings/preference files, and those are never synchronized. Very weird with those stamps... Hopefully you don't encounter any thing like that again.

The stamps folder will always be placed in the storage location. So on Android, the default is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/stamps, and on Windows it is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\stamps.

If things are working the way they are supposed to, a file should never be missing. I can consider adding a "swap file" type option in the future for the custom stamps. In the meantime, you can just copy the missing file in yourself into the stamps folder in the storage location. You can view the path that MobileSheetsPro is expecting for the stamp in the stamp window by tapping on it twice and clicking the option to view the path.

Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files does have an option to swap in files (not for audio files though). Perhaps I can eventually add a swap type option in the song editor itself for either type of file.

Mike
(05-18-2021, 09:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The stamp order is not handled with the sync. That is captured in settings/preference files

Thanks Mike.  I can't seem to find the stamp order settings that you mentioned ...
Donner BT pedal
I sent you an email.

Mike
I forgot to mention one thing - custom stamps will only be copied between devices when synchronizing if those stamps have actually been used on any songs. Additionally, the custom stamps should appear okay in the songs in which they were used, but it's not going to add them to the stamps window. This is by design as synchronizing does not modify settings files (as users wouldn't want their custom stamps messed up just because they synchronized with another user that used custom stamps). So if you don't see the custom stamps in the window, but they show up okay in the songs, then there are no errors with the sync functionality. I still need to add an option to import/export application settings to make it easier to sync settings between devices without having to do a full backup/restore.

Mike
(05-19-2021, 04:14 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I forgot to mention one thing - custom stamps will only be copied between devices when synchronizing if those stamps have actually been used on any songs. Additionally, the custom stamps should appear okay in the songs in which they were used, but it's not going to add them to the stamps window. This is by design as synchronizing does not modify settings files (as users wouldn't want their custom stamps messed up just because they synchronized with another user that used custom stamps). So if you don't see the custom stamps in the window, but they show up okay in the songs, then there are no errors with the sync functionality. I still need to add an option to import/export application settings to make it easier to sync settings between devices without having to do a full backup/restore.

Mike

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.
Juan
Donner BT pedal