• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrapping text annotations
Hi folks, 

Is it possible to make the text wrap when using the text tool in the annotator?

I'm using Version 3.2.3 on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 7. 

Thanks for your help. 

Bee
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7 
Hello Bee,

Not at the moment - text annotations are designed to resize to automatically fit whatever text you have entered, and if you change the font size, it will just enlarge the text box, versus forcefully wrapping it which would change the layout and either cause it to get cut off or have to grow vertically. No one has really requested text wrapping before - is that important for what you are trying to do? Text annotations don't have a fixed size to begin with unless you actually draw a box for the annotation and uncheck the "Auto-size" option. In theory if you unchecked Auto-size and defined a fixed size for the text annotation, then I could support a "Wrap text" option, but unless there is a strong need for it, I'd rather avoid it, because I don't to introduce unintended bugs.

Mike
(07-09-2021, 02:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Bee,

Not at the moment - text annotations are designed to resize to automatically fit whatever text you have entered, and if you change the font size, it will just enlarge the text box, versus forcefully wrapping it which would change the layout and either cause it to get cut off or have to grow vertically. No one has really requested text wrapping before - is that important for what you are trying to do? Text annotations don't have a fixed size to begin with unless you actually draw a box for the annotation and uncheck the "Auto-size" option. In theory if you unchecked Auto-size and defined a fixed size for the text annotation, then I could support a "Wrap text" option, but unless there is a strong need for it, I'd rather avoid it, because I don't to introduce unintended bugs.

Mike

Thanks Mike, 

It's not a deal breaker, so if it's not something others are requesting, there's no need to do anything. 

The issue only really happens when I'm in a PD lecture taking notes directly onto a score and I'm not watching what I'm typing. Then the text ends up in a single line that goes way off the screen. I go back and edit, adding line breaks after the event. It's not an everyday issue at all. I just thought it was worth checking whether I was missing something that I could alter in settings etc. 

Thanks again. I love using this app - in fact I probably use it more than any other app on my computer! - and feel like I can't teach without it anymore!
Cheers
Bee
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7